Trail Camera Repair, Rodent/Bird Damage

Anyone familiar enough with these to know what kind of repair options are out there for these things. Somehow I ended up with 2 cameras with damage to the sensors from a bird or rodent, they both seemed to function to some degree afterwards but seemed to be more susceptible to being set off by the sun at certain periods in the day. I have no idea what I’m looking at as far as how the sensor works snd haven’t gone down the rabbit hole of contacting browning or spy point, anyone been down this road before?

Attachments

• 90354B2E-9B7F-4BCE-9409-E2C9951562BB.jpeg
    90354B2E-9B7F-4BCE-9409-E2C9951562BB.jpeg
    364.4 KB · Views: 12

Logestagg

FNG
s squirrel has just about chewed through the top of my cam housing. Was going to use outdoor caulking but not sure how the squirrels would handle that and possibly like gnawing on it more?

Browning sells spare parts, not sure about spypoint.

OP
S
s squirrel has just about chewed through the top of my cam housing. Was going to use outdoor caulking but not sure how the squirrels would handle that and possibly like gnawing on it more?
JB Weld maybe? Fiberglass resin is tough but not fun to work with and the smell could be counter productive

Erict

WKR
The damage is to the "fresnel lens", which "focuses" incoming IR light to the tiny sensor inside. More on that HERE. Replacement should fix the issue. You might be able to get by with a dab or two of "Goop" but expect erratic results because the sensor may be set off more (or less) often.

The squirrel problem might be an easy fix with metal mesh/screen embedded in a good layer of caulk.

Exodus_Ray_Diagram_1.jpg

OP
S
Looks like Browning has a decent stock of replacement parts, spy point offers them but they are out of stock