Trail Cams - Utah

Did this happen? Anybody have a tacticam they want to sell?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It did. They were supposed to be pulled July 31. I can't remember when we can put them back up, but I'll continue to use mine during the legal period.

I'm mostly bummed I won't get to see the critters that wander through in winter

Last edited:

EdP

WKR
I think any law that prohibits the use of trail cams for non-hunting purposes on private land could be successfully challenged in court.

CorbLand

WKR
It did. They were supposed to be pulled July 31. I can't remember when we can put them back up, but I'll continue to use mine.

I'm mostly bummed I won't get to see the critters that wander through in winter
I lied. You can put them out on January 1.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
I think any law that prohibits the use of trail cams for non-hunting purposes on private land could be successfully challenged in court.
You can still use trail cameras for nonhunting purposes in Utah year round.

svivian

WKR
You can still use trail cameras for nonhunting purposes in Utah year round.
Lol and there is your loophole. Utah in notorious for having 20 dudes on a hunt, all you have to say is one of them without the tag set it up for wildlife viewing.

CorbLand

WKR
Lol and there is your loophole. Utah in notorious for having 20 dudes on a hunt, all you have to say is one of them without the tag set it up for wildlife viewing.
Their is a loop hole in every law in the US. Very few, if any are absolutes.

The DWR/DNR addressed this in the meetings regarding this ban. If anyone in the party is associated with the hunter and relaying information, they will prosecute. Like everything in the US, innocent until proven guilty. Its going to be work to convict someone but it is possible.

svivian

WKR
Their is a loop hole in every law in the US. Very few, if any are absolutes.

The DWR/DNR addressed this in the meetings regarding this ban. If anyone in the party is associated with the hunter and relaying information, they will prosecute. Like everything in the US, innocent until proven guilty. Its going to be work to convict someone but it is possible.
What I am getting at is it is just like the Colorado shed season. You can shoot, hike, ride your horse, atv, SxS but damn if you pick up a horn your harrassing wildlife. What ends up happening is it just hurts the people who are law abiding while opening the doors wide open to the guys who break the rules.

Hopefully they enforce it way better than Colorado enforces shed hunting... its a freaking joke here.