Trail Cams

FireNelk

FNG
Hey all, my father drew the NE Bull tag in CA. Starting the scouting process. He would like to purchase some more game cams. Any recommendations. Trying to keep it under $100 ea.

Marble

WKR
Don't cheap out on the cameras. Seriously. I've been using them for 12 years and price matters. Your dad most likely waited 17 or 18 years to get that tag. It has the potential for an awesome bull.

Keep us posted.

Let me know if you want some tips on set up.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Looking for cell cams or regular? At that price point IF you can find a tactam reveal (cell cam) do it. Otherwise, I really like the Browning Command Ops pro or some of the Covert Scouting cams.

WMag338

WKR
I've been using Spartan cameras. Don't think you can get the cellular models new for under $100, but they are an excellent camera with very good customer service. I've seen some for $150 or so on eBay used that are the cellular models. I don't have any experience with other cellular cams. Once you go cellluar, you never go back. Unless the camera is in your back yard.

May sound crazy but try the $28 tasco cam at walmart. It is worth it. I bought 6 of them 3 years ago. All 6 are still going.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR

Natetnc

FNG
I second the Browning Strike Force as an option. I have used various browning cameras and they have served me well. Good battery life and picture quality (which goes up with price). Be careful with the cheaper options... you don't want them to fail you on this hunt.

May sound crazy but try the $28 tasco cam at walmart. It is worth it. I bought 6 of them 3 years ago. All 6 are still going.

I bought three and I have one left to smash. Nothing is more frustrating then missing pictures of game because they don’t store the pics on the sd card. I watched it take pics of some bucks that came in right at dark and when I checked the card there was nothing. One of my other tasco cameras would dump the pics on the card but when I try opening them it says cannot open file on about half the pictures. I’ve try different as cards and it doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk