Trail Etiquette Dispute results in arrest

Poser

WKR

1d1b175a0855f18572c00a5d598365d5.jpg

MattB

WKR
At sheep show a couple of years ago, I was talking to a guy while in line waiting for a beer. He asked me where I was from (CA) and he then asked me if I knew what 3 things he was most scared of? He followed that with 1) a black guy with a gun, 2) a latino guy with a knife, and 3) a Californian with a u-haul.

Interesting, I didn't know that was an etiquette issue, I actually thought that was a codified law that the person going uphill has the right of way due to safety concerns backing down a hill.

You are very correct sir. The uphill driver has the right of way.

Rob5589

WKR
A quick search shows he was a CO resident but now in SD. Also ceo of a medical waste disposal company.

Screenshot_20200807-144535.png
Screenshot_20200807-145354.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-145147.png
    Screenshot_20200807-145147.png
    977.9 KB · Views: 253
  • Screenshot_20200807-145354.png
    Screenshot_20200807-145354.png
    543.4 KB · Views: 244
OP
P

Poser

WKR
It’s unfortunate that San Juan County has to whore itself out to the ORV crowd. Living on the Main strip of Silverton would be unbearable during the summer simply due to the amount of constant engine noise. It’s great for the local businesses, but sure does bring a lot of problems and the backcountry roads are jammed with constant traffic, exhaust and dust that they are entirely undesirable for any type of use during the summer months.

Squamch

WKR
It’s unfortunate that San Juan County has to whore itself out to the ORV crowd. Living on the Main strip of Silverton would be unbearable during the summer simply due to the amount of constant engine noise. It’s great for the local businesses, but sure does bring a lot of problems and the backcountry roads are jammed with constant traffic, exhaust and dust that they are entirely undesirable for any type of use during the summer months.

Thats not at all true, they are desirable for use by wheelers and dirtbikers.

That said, typical jeepist. There's a reason for jeep clubs, no one else wants to be associated with them.

OP
P

Poser

WKR
Thats not at all true, they are desirable for use by wheelers and dirtbikers.

That said, typical jeepist. There's a reason for jeep clubs, no one else wants to be associated with them.

I was lumping all of the off road vehicles into one category: loud, exhaust, dust. Not that the majority are inconsiderate or rude, but certainly enough people who treat the area like their personal playground to make it a shit show: driving off trail and on the tundra, racing, driving on no designated roads, trash, etc. go to Silverton right now as a non ORV user and it sucks.

mlgc20

WKR
I was lumping all of the off road vehicles into one category: loud, exhaust, dust. Not that the majority are inconsiderate or rude, but certainly enough people who treat the area like their personal playground to make it a shit show: driving off trail and on the tundra, racing, driving on no designated roads, trash, etc. go to Silverton right now as a non ORV user and it sucks.
This^^^ I was in Silverton a few weeks ago. It’s one of the coolest small towns in the US. But, I’ve never seen so many 12 year olds zipping all over the place on ATVs.

I can say I have been to handlebars a few times.

Couple buddies were there the past few days. From my understanding nothing has changed. Constant ohv traffic.

mlgc20

WKR
Visit it in the winter some time. It’s great.
I plan to do just that. That area is stunning. I think my wife might hyperventilate on the drive from Silverton to Ouray with a little snow on the ground. That drive is something else.

OP
P

Poser

WKR
I plan to do just that. That area is stunning. I think my wife might hyperventilate on the drive from Silverton to Ouray with a little snow on the ground. That drive is something else.

Red Mtn Pass can be sketchy in the winter. It’s taken me almost 3 hours to get from Durango to Silverton before.

Check out this profile of the snow plow drivers.

OP
P

Poser

WKR
This^^^ I was in Silverton a few weeks ago. It’s one of the coolest small towns in the US. But, I’ve never seen so many 12 year olds zipping all over the place on ATVs.

Shamefully obese 12 years olds at that.