Trail Etiquette Dispute results in arrest

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yup I live in the area . There has certainly been an uptick in visitation and trail use , with several instances that seem disrespectful at the least . Red , ya I’ve driven it 4wheel drive most of the way to Durango before ... and it’s been known to be closed for long time periods before . Sometimes skiing on the pass in the winter can be an adventure and then sometimes you can’t get there for two months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea the guys that have the welder on the flatbead thats chromed out with no leads hooked up to it..... Those guys are right up there with tractor trailer smoke stacks through the bed.

My genset is on a trailer. Ain't had the money for my welder bed.

My buddy has stacks on his vw rabbit tho. That's no @.

DESERT ED

FNG
I’m in SWCO and it’s insane now. I have lived here for almost 30 years and I have never seen it this busy. Even Durango’s redneck cousin is out of control busy. I guess the secrets out.

3forks

WKR
I'll admit I hauled my jeep cross country out there to use.

Am I part of the cult?

Just figured it was better than my 1 ton dually to get around.
Hard to know for sure if you’re in the cult without seeing your jeep, but if you‘ve got a tire cover that says “It’s a Jeep thing” or any similar bullshit, you’re definitely in it.

As long as you like to drink cheap, domestic beer in your garage while bolting on whatever shit you think your jeep needs - you’re ok with me.

Hard to know for sure if you’re in the cult without seeing your jeep, but if you‘ve got a tire cover that says “It’s a Jeep thing” or any similar bullshit, you’re definitely in it.

As long as you like to drink cheap, domestic beer in your garage while bolting on whatever shit you think your jeep needs - you’re ok with me.

IMG_20130825_160441_417.jpg

Look ok?

Had to pull the 35's off to put it in the stock trailer.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I’m in SWCO and it’s insane now. I have lived here for almost 30 years and I have never seen it this busy. Even Durango’s redneck cousin is out of control busy. I guess the secrets out.

I dropped into Silverton from the Alpine Loop two weeks ago and couldn't believe all the traffic all the way from Animas Forks......and the dust......holy moly. And then get to Silverton and see a crazy busy, jam-packed little town that used to be a nice stop-over. Heck, only 5 years ago when I took my F-350 over the Loop in July, Silverton was still pretty normal and quiet. Not anymore.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Always amazes me how many “outdoor folks” want to go into nature, but then somehow congregate with a bunch of other like minded “outdoor folks” and pretty soon they’re packed like sardines just like they are in the crappy city they came from. If I’m doing something outdoors my goal is to see zero people. It always annoys me running into other people when I’m out enjoying nature. Get off my lawn!

Funny how if it isn’t your sport or what you enjoy doing outdoors, people can find all kinds of problems with it. They are enjoying what they like to do in the outdoors on public land. If it isn’t what you like, move along and keep your negativity to yourself.

I have hiked in behind many hunters and seen camps left after Elk season that proves the hunting groups isn’t all about taking care of the land either. I have seen where they have driven vehicles off the trails and everything listed in this thread.

Hunters will leave their homes and jam into towns out west. Just like all these people are doing now. It isn’t any different, just a different sport. Let’s all band together as Outdoorsman and enjoy the time and places we have. Not point fingers and shame others.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Funny how if it isn’t your sport or what you enjoy doing outdoors, people can find all kinds of problems with it. They are enjoying what they like to do in the outdoors on public land. If it isn’t what you like, move along and keep your negativity to yourself.

I have hiked in behind many hunters and seen camps left after Elk season that proves the hunting groups isn’t all about taking care of the land either. I have seen where they have driven vehicles off the trails and everything listed in this thread.

Hunters will leave their homes and jam into towns out west. Just like all these people are doing now. It isn’t any different, just a different sport. Let’s all band together as Outdoorsman and enjoy the time and places we have. Not point fingers and shame others.

Browning, put down your latte and go get back in your Jeep. Your club is leaving! 😂