Trail Etiquette Dispute results in arrest

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
View attachment 204666

Look ok?

Had to pull the 35's off to put it in the stock trailer.

+1 for knowing how to change tires
+ 1 for climbing out the window or back of the jeep. Know good and well you didnt go out the door.
+1 for 35's
- 5 for custom vanity plate
+ 3 for double decker sheep and goat trailer with poop on it.

Grand Total +1 Your ok in my book but were watching you. Your one man bun, craft IPA or pair of skinny jeans from being in the red. @@

+1 for knowing how to change tires
+ 1 for climbing out the window or back of the jeep. Know good and well you didnt go out the door.
+1 for 35's
- 5 for custom vanity plate
+ 3 for double decker sheep and goat trailer with poop on it.

Grand Total +1 Your ok in my book but were watching you. Your one man bun, craft IPA or pair of skinny jeans from being in the red. @@

I'll help you out.

I'm bald so no man bun. +2

Have gluten issues, found out I can't drink beer so it's bourbon, altho sometimes it's actually cider or a hard seltzer. -5

I simply don't have a response to the skinny jeans. I suspect the Rams would be having their way with me if I walked through a field with them on.

Browning, put down your latte and go get back in your Jeep. Your club is leaving! 😂

I sold my Jeep back when I was 20 and had my first kid. Wife said it wasn’t a family vehicle :)

I do get funny looks though when I hit the trails in the Chevy Tahoe, going all the places the mall crawling four door jeeps go. 😎

OP
P

Poser

WKR
Funny how if it isn’t your sport or what you enjoy doing outdoors, people can find all kinds of problems with it. They are enjoying what they like to do in the outdoors on public land. If it isn’t what you like, move along and keep your negativity to yourself.

I have hiked in behind many hunters and seen camps left after Elk season that proves the hunting groups isn’t all about taking care of the land either. I have seen where they have driven vehicles off the trails and everything listed in this thread.

Hunters will leave their homes and jam into towns out west. Just like all these people are doing now. It isn’t any different, just a different sport. Let’s all band together as Outdoorsman and enjoy the time and places we have. Not point fingers and shame others.

Have you been to Silverton and seen the ORV shitshow? The impact of the whole scene is overwhelming.

Have you been to Silverton and seen the ORV shitshow? The impact of the whole scene is overwhelming.

Those partaking in the ORV excitement probably love it. I would agree with you that it wouldn’t be my thing, but if someone else loves it and it isn’t illegal or anything , who are we to judge.

They would probably say the same thing about some of the trailheads on opening weekend of 2nd rifle :)

BFR

WKR
OK, recap for those just joining in......
Jeep guy from Cali (originally from Colo) going downhill on a Jeep trail knocked out a Colo guy going uphill was arrested for assault. Cali guys BAD, Jeep guys BAD, uphill vehicle has right of way (this is true for safety in most cases), San Juan County, CO is a whore, no one likes Jeep guys, Silverton CO is cool in winter ( see what I did there), flatbeds and welders BAD, Jeep guys are a cult, Billy Goat has a Jeep, and he’s bald, “outdoor folks” are packed like sardines and come from crappy cities, ucsdryder is in a Jeep but doesn’t have a Jeep, Silverton has a shitshow. Hope this helps.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I drive a Jeep but wasn’t aware I was in a cult, oh well, I’ll still pull those full size trucks out of the ditch in 2’ of snow anyway. If I’m going uphill and have a closer wide spot I’ll still back up to make room to pass. Although I have my hair it’s short so no man-bun, no skinny jeans, it’s Wrangler boot cuts. I’ve been known to give other hunters the lowdown on where to find critters, I’ve also sent some on a wild goose hunt. Confused yet?

Got my truck stuck last year going up hill cuz some dink coming down on a quad wouldn't pull off. Pissed me off a touch

bluumoon

WKR
Was in Lake City last week. All I heard for four days straight was the OHVs. Animas forks looked like a mall parking lot. I'm new to SW Colorado, thought an OHV might be cool, not anymore. Got cussed by an OHVer while going up hill for not moving over, I was going slow and had moved over, he blew by. Definitely has me looking more to the wilderness areas to get away from that sh*t show.

OK, recap for those just joining in......
Jeep guy from Cali (originally from Colo) going downhill on a Jeep trail knocked out a Colo guy going uphill was arrested for assault. Cali guys BAD, Jeep guys BAD, uphill vehicle has right of way (this is true for safety in most cases), San Juan County, CO is a whore, no one likes Jeep guys, Silverton CO is cool in winter ( see what I did there), flatbeds and welders BAD, Jeep guys are a cult, Billy Goat has a Jeep, and he’s bald, “outdoor folks” are packed like sardines and come from crappy cities, ucsdryder is in a Jeep but doesn’t have a Jeep, Silverton has a shitshow. Hope this helps.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I drive a Jeep but wasn’t aware I was in a cult, oh well, I’ll still pull those full size trucks out of the ditch in 2’ of snow anyway. If I’m going uphill and have a closer wide spot I’ll still back up to make room to pass. Although I have my hair it’s short so no man-bun, no skinny jeans, it’s Wrangler boot cuts. I’ve been known to give other hunters the lowdown on where to find critters, I’ve also sent some on a wild goose hunt. Confused yet?

I think you left out stacks. Stacks are stupid. So are flipped out towing mirrors when your not towing. But I'm lazy and my truck is hooked to a trailer 95% of the time so I leave mine out....

Oh, IPA's. Those bad too.

BFR

WKR
I think you left out stacks. Stacks are stupid. So are flipped out towing mirrors when your not towing. But I'm lazy and my truck is hooked to a trailer 95% of the time so I leave mine out....

Oh, IPA's. Those bad too.
Probably not all, it’s hard for a fat old man to remember stuff and flipping back and forth is confusing, I can’t remember if I’m going or coming or just lost. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Phil j

Lil-Rokslider
Red Mtn Pass can be sketchy in the winter. It’s taken me almost 3 hours to get from Durango to Silverton before.

Check out this profile of the snow plow drivers.

I would not leave Durango I had one of the best nights ever partying there before an elk hunt!

I don’t have a welder on my truck, but just an FYI...... you have to pull the leads off when traveling because some crack/meth head will steal them at night while you are asleep in your hotel room. This is pretty common knowledge for traveling pipeliners.
I got no beef with Jeeps, but after owning a few Rubicons in the past, no way in hell I’d give up my 4Runner now for one of them turds.

I don’t have a welder on my truck, but just an FYI...... you have to pull the leads off when traveling because some crack/meth head will steal them at night while you are asleep in your hotel room. This is pretty common knowledge for traveling pipeliners.
I got no beef with Jeeps, but after owning a few Rubicons in the past, no way in hell I’d give up my 4Runner now for one of them turds.

Real pipelines stay in their camper they pull to the job.

@

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've had far more interesting rides in Jeeps than I have in Toyota products. My brother had the shifter come off in his CJ as we were heading over Cinnamon pass, it also died and lost power steering / breaking going down a paved mountain pass on the same trip .. and lost a wheel while driving down the road a few days later.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

The guys I'm refering to wouldnt know a pipeline if it ran through their front yard.

OP
P

Poser

WKR
The San Juan country sheriff is not happy with the damage that ORVs are causing to the alpine tunrdra. Rumor is is that the FS and the BLM are just as displeased with these user groups impact.

9e7911801103270c0c0dcbd8124e9660.jpg