Trail Hikes?

*zap*

WKR
What part of the country could a guy do some longer 'section' hikes on decent trails in January thru March? I won't set foot in cali so that's out. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Most of the AT stays snow free, and winter is the best time (in my opinion) to be on it. Most of viginia is nice. Trail shelters all through the SNP.

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Come on down to SE New Mexico. You can hike at 7k or 11k with great weather.

The Pinhoti is a good one that time of year. Ive done the 335 miles solo in 20 days in march/april of 2019, and was going to do the Alabama section with my wife last month but too many coworkers - allegedly - got the Covid and she had to work....but there are quite a few section hikes you can do. Lows would probably be in low 30s at night.

Last edited:
The Pinhoti is a good one that time of year. Ive done the 335 miles solo in 20 days in march/april of 2019, and was going to do the Alabama section with my wife last month but too many coworkers - allegedly - got the Covid and she had to work....but there are quite a few section hikes you can do. Lows would probably be in low 30s at night.

If you did the Pinhoti in the later part of March you could carry a shotgun with you and shoot a few turkeys while you’re at it too