Trail runner/light hiker recommendations.

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
I do a lot of short day hunts as I am fortunate enough to walk out my house and be hunting elk in 5 minutes. I typically wear runners for this type of hunting but I tend to destroy runners in a couple years.

I am looking for a lighter hiking boot shoe and was looking for some recommendations. I tried on the zamberlan 215 salathe gtx rr today and I like them, little concerned about breathability with them but like the full Rand. Do you guys have any experience with these or suggestions on something similar.

Looking for something light weight and breathable ish… will be using them mainly for September and early October archery season.

Thanks.

taskswap

WKR
I have a pair of Salomon SpeedRunner trail runners that have served me well. They're incredibly light and dry very fast. But before I say I recommend them, I think shoes are one of those super-subjective items like music tastes, and trail runners 10x so. With a low-height shoe, it doesn't take much of a difference to rub you just the wrong way and make them miserable. I'd definitely be pushing trying several options on locally vs. buying something online...

Samson7x

WKR
I’ve got the salathe 226 which is just a 6” version of the one you tried on. I don’t have a lot of miles on them yet but love them so far. Very comfortable and flexible with enough grip. As for breathability, my feet are going to sweat no matter what I use. I haven’t noticed it being any worse with the salathe. I just always use good wool socks. Hope this helps.