Trail Runners/Ultra Runners??

OP
BMB

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
i'll do it 2013. just wasn't in the cards this year. i know it's June that's why i was wondering about your comment, maybe i should've been more specific. I signed up for THIS year, but can't make it. Western States is really a bit of a joke, it's well organized and nice country but it's far from one of the toughest out there. I'd rather run Leadville, Hard Rock, Leadville, Kettle Moraine, Vermont 50, Cactus Rose 100, or Rocky Raccoon instead.

Lawnboi

WKR
Are you planning on running kettle moraine BMB? I wouldnt mind doing the race in the black hills either. Its not a bad drive at all.

OP
BMB

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
Are you planning on running kettle moraine BMB? I wouldnt mind doing the race in the black hills either. Its not a bad drive at all.

YEP, I'm still in for that if you wanna do it. I've gotta wait on Black Hills. I'm gonna be around WI and CO during June and July. Have business constraints and then FUN planned in CO so it's do-able for me.

OP
BMB

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
Yup I'm still up for kettle moraine. Next year ill do the black hills too if I like it. That drive isn't bad at all.

cool....i usually camp out a few days before the race to acclimate....dont' know if i'll need to for Black Hills.

Lawnboi

WKR
I was poking around scheels today and saw they carried brooks shoes, tried on the pure grit as you suggested. Wow I like these. Snows melting, time to start running!

Lawnboi

WKR
Just got done with a nice short run. The trail was a little sloppy yet. But man these pure grits are nice! you reccomended a great shoe. I may even buy another pair of the pure series to use in the gym and on blacktop. Thanks for the advice BMB, no more asics for me.

OP
BMB

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
yeah, they're awesome. if you're looking for a comparable model in a road flat check out the PURE FLOW..... bitchin shoe man.

Lawnboi

WKR
Those pure flows are on my list of to get stuff now too. Couple more days of this 60 degree sunny weather and the trails around here will be dry!

Thanks again for the shoe reccomendations, definetly will be sticking with these for a while now.

OP
BMB

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
Those pure flows are on my list of to get stuff now too. Couple more days of this 60 degree sunny weather and the trails around here will be dry!

Thanks again for the shoe reccomendations, definetly will be sticking with these for a while now.

you're skinny ass should be able to get some good mileage out of them.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I am running in Altra shoes now. Zero rise, plenty of cushion, shaped like feet (novel idea). I really like them. I always ran in Brooks, and like the looks of the Pure series, but my feet feel great with all that toe room in the Altras.

http://www.altrazerodrop.com/

OP
BMB

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
I am running in Altra shoes now. Zero rise, plenty of cushion, shaped like feet (novel idea). I really like them. I always ran in Brooks, and like the looks of the Pure series, but my feet feel great with all that toe room in the Altras.

http://www.altrazerodrop.com/

yep....i have a pair of the Lone Peaks. great shoe, especially if you have Fred Flinstone feet. i trimmed the rubber flap off the back....IN THE STORE...hahaha the guy looked at me like i was nuts.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I am running in the Instinct now (no heel flap on that one), but will have the Lone Peak soon. That Lone Peak flap is pretty silly, especially in a mid-foot strike shoe.

OP
BMB

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
I am running in the Instinct now (no heel flap on that one), but will have the Lone Peak soon. That Lone Peak flap is pretty silly, especially in a mid-foot strike shoe.

you'd be surprised how many heelstrikers are wearing zero drop shoes.......makes no sense.

Lawnboi

WKR
you're skinny ass should be able to get some good mileage out of them.

At the weight i am at right now it takes me forever to wear out shoes. 75 degrees wed, ill be going for a run and really testing out the new shoes.

now i want some pure flows or even connects for the gym and pavement.

OP
BMB

BMB

Lil-Rokslider
the Pure Connects are a little more motion control but a good shoe.

Lukem

WKR
i'll do it 2013. just wasn't in the cards this year. i know it's June that's why i was wondering about your comment, maybe i should've been more specific. I signed up for THIS year, but can't make it. Western States is really a bit of a joke, it's well organized and nice country but it's far from one of the toughest out there. I'd rather run Leadville, Hard Rock, Leadville, Kettle Moraine, Vermont 50, Cactus Rose 100, or Rocky Raccoon instead.

My bad. I can see why you were confused, I misread your post. We're not a very literate bunch here in SD...