Train To Hunt

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks do you know how the teams system works? I'm looking for something to push me to work harder. Not sure right now if I could hit a target after twenty burpies

OBP

WKR
Thanks do you know how the teams system works? I'm looking for something to push me to work harder. Not sure right now if I could hit a target after twenty burpies

No, the team system is also new this year. Last year there was only 3 divisions; men's open, men's senior, and women's, if I remember correctly.

You run in a heat with other competitors so there's plenty of competetion to push you through the course! Hitting the targets definitely gets interesting towards the end when you're sucking wind and can't see through the sweat! haha

bz_711

WKR
Are your bow/arrows strapped to your back between each station or just carry along?

OBP

WKR
Are your bow/arrows strapped to your back between each station or just carry along?

You carry your bow. Arrows have to be in a quiver or in your pack, you're not allowed to carry arrows.

OBP

WKR
My understanding is that was the exercises for all of the events.

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
I am a member. It is a great program and the workouts are wicked. It will really whip a guy into shape. The owner Kenton is a great guy too.

RyanC

WKR
Hey guys hope I can answer a few questions about the upcoming TTH Challenge. My brother Kenton is the brains behind Train to Hunt but I have helped out along the way to get the challenges launched. I will post a few videos that will probably answer a few questions but overall this year will be much different than last year. First thing that is different is there will be a National Finals in Denver, CO. There will also be another physical challenge called the Meat Haul. Here is a video that explains it at a very basic level. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL15lZj9po8

Yes there will also be a partner division this year. Here is a video that will explain the basic outline of the TTH Challenge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4d75f8p9uQ

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I get you the answer! Keep pushing and keep training. Hope to see all of you this year at one of the TTH Challenges.

Ryan Clairmont

I plan on going to the one in casper. Anyone on here a member and if so how do you like it?
I have been doing the workouts for a year now and can tell you that it is the best program I have found. I usally get board with the gym seen and quit. I have lost 50+ pounds and kept them off and also last year hunting I hunted harder longer and farther then ever. It was also the easiest most rewarding year for me.

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to do one of the challenges, but they dont come to California and with the new baby, im only allowed 1 trip per year so obviosly I use that for my elk hunt! I do however follow a lot of their programming for my training and love it.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
78 Days till AZ! Friendly countdown on my home screen of my phone to remind me to get my ass to the gym, go for a run and shoot my bow!

Would love to compete this year, but unless I get PCS'd back west I doubt it. Great program, been doing the workouts for at least 9 months from my garage crossfit gym....love it. Recommend it for all back country hunters