Train To Hunt

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any RS's doing any Train To Hunt challenges this year? I think Justin & I are going down to AZ in May for it!

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
I did the one in Denver in 2013 and plan on competing again in Denver in 2014. It is a blast and you can meet a lot of great people!

JWP58

WKR
No idea what is (and their website doesn't explain anything), but I assume its something like crossfit....so nope.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
No idea what is (and their website doesn't explain anything), but I assume its something like crossfit....so nope.

No not really. More of a physical challenge/3D shoot all mixed in.

rhendrix

WKR
Kicking around the idea of doing the one in AR, I just don't know if I'll be able to get the days off. How fast do these things fill up?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Brock has set a pretty high goal for where he wants to finish.

Having never shot in a 3D comp before, I'm setting the same goal but I don't know exactly what to expect so we'll see.

This will be a great motivator to get in really good shape for next years hunting so it should be good no matter what.

OBP

WKR
I did the one in Spokane last year and it's definitely a great time. I'd like to run it again this year but there's not a Spokane event so I'm going to have to try to make either oregon or idaho.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
What are the physical penalties when you miss the target? I'm interested but site was pretty vague on what it consisted of. Ie. Whats the meat haul challenge would I need a pack that could handle 100lbs or just one for the twenty you have to carry all day.

OBP

WKR
What are the physical penalties when you miss the target? I'm interested but site was pretty vague on what it consisted of. Ie. Whats the meat haul challenge would I need a pack that could handle 100lbs or just one for the twenty you have to carry all day.

realunlucky - Last year when you would run up to a target you had to complete the physical challenge and then shoot the target. If you hit the target you are off and running to the next target. If you completely miss the target you had to repeat the physical challenge before you could leave the station.

The meat haul is an added "feature" this year. I also have not heard anymore details on that addition.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can you give an example what the challenge was? I not sure I would be up for 50 pushups at every target

OBP

WKR
The whole course was ran with a 20lb pack on, you supply the pack and they supply the weight. At one of the stations you had to complete 20 burpees with the pack on. So if you missed that target you had to do 20 more burpees with the pack on before you could leave.