Training for the upcoming hunting season! What motivates you?

philw

Lil-Rokslider
Being on the downhill side of 50, what motivates me is the knowledge that one of these years in the not-so-distant future I won't be able to do backpack hunts like I want to. I want to push that time as far out into the future as possible.

400out

FNG
I know everyone has different motivational reasons but it all boils down to the same thing in us all that steals our sleep, concentration, and calories! LOVE OF THE HUNT! no matter what it is that does it for you! Mine is a big buck and being able to stop at nothing to achieve it!

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
WHAT MOTIVATES ME?.................Let's see.....a few....

What motivates me is the thought of going after that animal of my choosing and not being able to seal the deal because I am not in shape. Or packing out that animal and having to stop numerous times or take a lot of time, causing the meat to spoil...Or the fact that I have something to prove.....to who? ME!

The biggest factor.....my late father.....because when I hunt I am closer to him.

Aubery

FNG
For the motivation You should have goals
or there's no reason to workout and no way to select the best exercises in developing you
program. So, for motivation, you will have create some goals. Then, you have a place to
begin and you can start working on your program and then worry about motivation.