Training weights for a dt2

ridgefire

WKR
I have a dt2 bag and frame and wondering what others use for training weights. I have used sand and pellets but wondering if there is better ideas. Planning on training with 60lbs or so.

husky390

WKR
I use a cheap sleeping bag from Walmart to stuff in the bottom of my bag along with a 25# bag of rice. I'll then adjust the weight by adding 5lb plates between the rice and sleeping bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 lb bag of leftover mortar from a tiling project. Throw some small dumbells in when i need to up the weight.

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
Get your hands on a 50 lb sack of steer manure. It'll make you want to keep running just to keep upwind of the smell. ;)

Flashmo

FNG
Wasatch Mountains are a 1/4 mile across public land to the base from the end of my driveway. So I use my regular daypack gear and change the weight with extra water bladders or maybe a couple sand bags from my shooting bench. Vary weights from 40-60 pounds, depending on what the day's plan is.

Felix40

WKR
Two #45 bumper plates works good for me. Easy to strap on and already have them. Bags of concrete work too.

WKR
I like Jerry can(s) of water. The weight is a little dynamic.

Throw a couple plates on the shelf if I'm feeling motivated/stupid.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jpeaston

Lil-Rokslider
sack of snow chains, right at 50 lbs, feels and moves like boned out quarters

Last edited: