Transporter For Archery Hunters

RShulky

FNG
Hey guys,

I'm trying to plan a DIY caribou hunt for a group of 3-4 of us for the 2020 season. I have found a lot of good info on this site but I'm having a hard time with figuring where to hunt and which transporter to use. From what I have read 40 mile Air and Tok Air seem to be the most recommended but 40 mile Air seems to be pretty hard to actually get booked with and Tok Air is almost twice the price of the other transporters. Brooks Range Aviation seems to be another good one but my concern is from the pictures I have seen its mostly wide open tundra which makes it much harder for us since we will be archery only hunting. The terrain for the 40 mile heard looks better but I'm just basing that on pictures I have seen. So my question is what area do you guys recommend the most for archery hunters and are there any other transporters that you would recommend for that area. Also when would you recommenced going if for that particular area. Thank for the help in advanced!

OP
R

RShulky

FNG
I have used the search function and have not been able to find any recommended transporters other then the ones I mentioned.

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
There are others mentioned in previous threads. Gotta dig deep and show others due diligence has been exhausted. Not trying to pick on you, but there are alot more general questions posed as your post than those showing pertinent information. Good luck in your quest

I've hunted both herds and you are correct that the 40 mile herd is better suited for archery. Both are great hints but If it were me I'd pay the extra and fly with Tok.