Trapping.

Mike 338

WKR
If you gonna trap, your gonna have non-target captures. There's really no substitute for a catch-pole if you want to minimize damage to the critter and yourself. Play with the odds long enough and you'll seriously come out on the short end sooner or later. The cost of a catch-pole is gonna look pretty reasonable when your pondering your circumstances in the doctors office.

VernAK

WKR
Shallow water leg hold in dam breach. Release was accomplished by throwing coat over him. Didn't seem mush the worse for wear.

Caught a 24" rainbow trout in a 110 conibear mink / muskrat set. Wanted to get it mounted but was poor and in high school at the time.

Released a Great Horned Owl from a foot hold as well. Used my jacket to cover it up, then easy release. Flew off seeming none the worse for wear.

jmerc

FNG
Was helping a friend in Michigan one year and we had to release a hawk from a foothold. Was really my first experience trapping.

Yarak

WKR
You guys up North and West have some beautiful pelts on your critters but down south we have such poor pelts and smaller critters that aren't worth the time to skin them out
Really we have few options when it comes to predators and that is to Control their populations
I mainly target Coyotes, Bobcats, Foxes and Coons
These are the critters that prey on our deer and turkey which are the main species we hunt down here and theres not enough trappers to really control them

Trapperkid

Lil-Rokslider
Two different otters. Those things are strong and mean! Not mt. lions, but not fun!
I’ve heard a few people say that most animals when your releasing them try to bite you but an otter try’s to eat you and they are like a chainsaw with legs that can swim

Trapperkid

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been trapping for the last 3 years around my neighborhood and I have caught every single one of them except for two and I’ve only caught two coyotes. So I stuck to coon trapping this year.

jmez

WKR
Also caught a young antelope in a coyote trap, MB-650. That thing nearly killed my brother and I letting it go.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk