Travel Bag for Hunting Gear

Quest1000

FNG
I’m looking for recommendations for a duffel bag or travel bag for all my hunting clothing, including Late season layers. Lately I’ve been stuffing everything in a tote but then it’s a garage sale in the truck pulling things out and stuffing others in, I’d like to have something that is more organized for outer layers, regular camo and base layers etc. any recommendations?

WCB

WKR
Out layers or bulky layers just get folded and put on my back seat. Otherwise I just pack like I would for any other trip.

Maybe use smaller individual totes for various layers or items. A tote and a Duffle bag are no different IMO...they hold stuff and you take stuff in and out of them.

Or get a hockey bag...normally have oversized pockets on each end, two pockets for skates on one of the sides and obviously the large main compartment. Could easily fit underwear socks, base layers in one end, gloves hats vests in the other. Most hunting boots in the skate pockets and everything else in the main compartment.

Hell some have wheels for the kids that never saw ice time.

Last edited:
I have a Sitka 110L Drifter duffle bag. I put all of my hunting clothes in it, except for the outer jacket. I bought some large ziplock bags and separate everything, socks in one, base layers in another, mid layers in another, and outer layer in another. I squeeze the air out of the bags, making them flat and easy to store in the Sitka bag.
I use a marker to write on the outer corner of the ziplocks what's in it. When packing the truck for the hunt, I grab my jacket, Sitka bag, and my boots and I know I have everything I will need to wear.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu Taku waterproof duffel bag and other stuff organized in mystery ranch zoid cubes

I’m looking for recommendations for a duffel bag or travel bag for all my hunting clothing, including Late season layers. Lately I’ve been stuffing everything in a tote but then it’s a garage sale in the truck pulling things out and stuffing others in, I’d like to have something that is more organized for outer layers, regular camo and base layers etc. any recommendations?
Use the totes. Just organize between base layers, pants, and jackets. Much better then a duffel

zhoward1

FNG
I run a main tote for miscellaneous hunting stuff overflow, gloves, masks, hats, thermals. I also run 2 scent lok bags for My regular gear and secondary gear. Haven’t figured out any good spots for boots yet. I can sometimes fit a pair in the tote.

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
I use packing cubes inside a duffel. I have a few I use, I like the North Face Basecamp and Patagonia Black Hole the best.

I have a couple taku bags but I’m not a huge fan of the material - doesn’t seem all that stout- and I don’t like the handle/strap layout. I keep my backup bunker gear in one. If I was to buy something else I’d probably go with the Waypoint if I could find them on sale.

I wrote an article last year on why the Ikea Frakta Blue Bag ($0.99) is the greatest wading bag ever made. It also works for hunting clothes.

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
Gregory Stash 65 for me. I love it. Travel with it a ton and have had it for years. Stout zipper and straps can also be worn as a backpack or regular duffel.

TSAMP

WKR
$35, has 2 zippers and is big enough for me to throw lots of clothes, a hip pack & large backpack, 2 pairs of boots...works for me. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EYBVGS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1
The zippers on these will fail. Luckily there are two so youll still be alright. They generally last a couple seasons at least. Also easy to wash blood and hair off of and is easier to carry 1 handed. Can't do that with a tote.