Travel gear suggestions

mark1j

FNG
Need suggestions for a Carry On Bag and backpack (personal item) combo that can also be used for hiking/camping/traveling. I dont want to break the bank either. Something rugged but also looks decent enough for everyday travel. I am tired of checked bags and waiting an hour at luggage claim.

Cplace

FNG
If I recall Kifaru has some nice looking day packs that would be good for travel, unfortunately they are not exactly budget friendly. But you could look at those, then try to find something like it for less.

I’ve used my Kifaru Antero as a travel and day pack. Also used my Door Gunner with a Sherman pocket attached. Both worked great for airlines, in and out of ubers, and hiking in and around touristy places. My son uses his Urban Ruck or Shape Charge and my daughter uses her Urban Zippy. All the Kifaru day packs make great travel and day hiking packs. Just depends on the features you want and weight you plan on carrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Some great suggestions already. As a long flight carry on with my chargers, surface etc I use a Dragons Egg from Direct Action Gear. Comes in a bunch of great colors and also works well as a small daypack. I also use my Stone glacier Avail 2200. Honestly though a 2000's CI backpack is almost too small for me but I pack too much shit.

revcwood

FNG
I use a Kifaru Shape Charge with Sherman for most flying. The Sherman detaches and makes a great personal item. I use the Shape Charge for my EDC bag as well.

Tiger23

FNG
I support the previous comments about Kifaru. It might be better to overpay a little, but it will be a great investment. You will pay once for a really good product, and for the next few years, you will no longer be asking this question. My Kifaru has withstood several trips around Europe and hiking to Neuschwanstein Castle with all my wife's trinkets in it ... Here, you can estimate the scale of the trip https://www.montaregio.de/de/freize...aeu/schloss-neuschwanstein-im-ostallgaeu.html. The handles of her backpack were torn on the flatland, and I, in turn, didn't load my Kifaru too much, so I managed to fit everything. So take it, don't hesitate, especially if your wife is ready to take half of the apartment with her on the trip, haha.

Last edited: