Travel Insurance for hunts?

CCH

WKR
Hi, I'm booking my first "destination" type hunt with a transporter -- Kodiak Combos by the way. Due to the vagaries of weather and what have you, I was wondering if travel insurance is something to consider and if so, if anyone has any recommendations on who to get it from. Google is not my friend in this, as everything that pops up is trying to sell the product. Thanks for any input!

I purchased travel insurance for a fishing trip to New Zealand a few years ago. If i remember correctly, it was by Nationwide and cost about $150 for covereage somewhere in the range of $3500? I basically wanted Insurance that would reimburse the cost of the flight plus lost baggage which would have contained a few fly rods and some backpacking gear. Never had to use it since the trip went well, but if I were traveling with rifles and gear I would want the same type of coverage. Also, since you are going on a hunt with set season dates and/or have a scheduled and booked trip with an outfitter, then should your airline have any delays that prevent you from making your destination on time, your insurance should cover at least some or most of the cost caused by the delay. Hope that helps some.