Travel Restrictions by State

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider

LostArra

WKR
That report does not completely cover Alaska's travel mandate for non-residents. I just returned from there on Sunday and you are signing a declaration when you arrive in AK at the airport giving you different options depending on whether you have a negative test result in hand and how recently you were tested.

OP
Dave_

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
That report does not completely cover Alaska's travel mandate for non-residents. I just returned from there on Sunday and you are signing a declaration when you arrive in AK at the airport giving you different options depending on whether you have a negative test result in hand and how recently you were tested.
Good info. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

tjt0307

FNG
So as long as your backpacking away from others and only get essentials you're fine in New Mexico? We've got too many tags in that state this year to not go scout.

There sure a lot of folks from New Mexico, Arizona and Texas here in SW Colorado, so regardless of what the policy is, it has to be enforced to make any difference.

willidru

WKR
I’m trying to find exactly what a self quarantine would mean. Seems to me an elk hunt in a wilderness area would be about as quarantined as you can get.

jmez

WKR
Idiocy abounds. You go to New Mexico and backcountry hunt. The only NM resident you come in contact with would be the guy writing you a ticket.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

OP
Dave_

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
I dont really want this thread to turn into personal opinions on quarantines. Obviously enforcement is difficult, but alot of folks will prob contact folks traveling. Public bathrooms, gas, restaurants etc.

Just want to keep this thread informative more than anything

willidru

WKR
I dont really want this thread to turn into personal opinions on quarantines. Obviously enforcement is difficult, but alot of folks will prob contact folks traveling. Public bathrooms, gas, restaurants etc.

Just want to keep this thread informative more than anything

I don’t mean for my question to be about personal opinion and I do appreciate the information. I was more wanting to know if anyone had links to information of what the specifically NM self quarantine definition would be. I do have a hunt in October and God willing this will not still be in effect, but I would like to plan around obstacles as best as possible.

OP
Dave_

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
I would think if you are hunting for 2 weeks, that would count as being quarantined.

I'm curious about driving through a state like NM. I need to drive through NM to get to CO.

brsnow

WKR
After being in SW CO the last week or so, based on all the TX,NM, & AZ plates and lack of masks if we see a surge in cases in the mountain communities nonresident hunting might be in jeopardy. No chance they want to ridk losing ski season again.

There sure a lot of folks from New Mexico, Arizona and Texas here in SW Colorado, so regardless of what the policy is, it has to be enforced to make any difference.
I noticed the same thing while in Durango and the San Juan NF the last few weeks for work. Got tested yesterday and hope none of us tested positive!

After being in SW CO the last week or so, based on all the TX,NM, & AZ plates and lack of masks if we see a surge in cases in the mountain communities nonresident hunting might be in jeopardy. No chance they want to ridk losing ski season again.
Stayed 15 nights in Durango for work and it seems the visitors could care less that Corona is a real thing.