Travelchair Joey

Anybody use one?

I am looking for a chair to add to my pack, as my old back can no longer handle long sits on the ground. I see that many on here use the Helinox Chair Zero, but most of the reviews I read of it are bad. Is it popular solely because of its 17 oz’s? The Joey gets much better reviews, but at the penalty of 38 oz’s.

Also looking at the Alite Monarch at 21 oz’s, but I’m a little skeptical about a two legged chair.

Last edited:

Mosby

WKR
I just bought a chair at Costco yesterday for glassing. It is a Cascade Mountain and they were selling it for $29. The box says it weights 2 lbs but I haven't weighed it yet and don't know if that includes the carry case. I decided to get one for the price.

Alite has some other options that might be a better fit. I think the one I have is the mayfly

OP
F
The Mayfly looks like it might be my best bet. I want something that will not sink in soft ground. The Joey would be easier on my wallet, but I guess you only live once! Thanks for the responses.

ohoopee

WKR
I have Alite, and several models of helinox. Alite mayfly is very comfy but sits low to the ground. Chair one is comfy and sturdy. I use the chair zero for my backcountry camping. Not as sturdy feeling but it has held up well for about 25 nights. Helinox sunset is my luxury camp chair. I haven't tried the newer models from different makers they may be just as good.

I have a set of the REI version of the packable chairs and then purchased a set of these from Amazon;

I actually prefer the Amazon chair, it's no heavier, more stable when sitting and cost half of what the REI chair did when it was on sale.

I bought this one and like it. It has the big feet (that need to be glued on) so it doesn't sink in soft dirt. Purdy dang comfy to me. And at $30, saves some change for snacks while you are glassing.