Traverse cold weather hoody vs Wool hoody

OK guys.

I got it in my head that I "need" a heavy Weight wool hoody for late season deer stand sits and waterfowl hunting in a duck blind come late season.

Problem is,

I'm not entirely sure that they are in fact warmer than my tried and true never let me down traverse cold weather hoody...

I'm specifically looking at 4 otions.
Something around 300 to 350gsm
Duckworth powder
First Lite durable wool
SKRE
Or
Scratch it and get another traverse hoody In a solid color because that thing is gangster

Help me walk through this. The only merino I currently own is a 125 kuiu t, a 145 hoody and a meriwool top and bottom base layer which I'm not in love with

I don't know why my brain works like this but 49degrees

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
I have a CWH and love it with the right mix of base layers. Keep it/buy another and just wear the most appropriate base layer with it. Before I bought a Fanatic jacket, the CWH was my insulation layer under my Stratus and over a heavy weight Merino top. The face mask and hood are heavier than the Fanatic hoody and it was a nice upgrade which meant I wore three layers and not four and was as warm if not warmer. The Fanatic jacket made it obsolete in that role, but it is still great mixed in above 30 degrees or on it's own as an outer in active situations.

Agross

WKR
I just bought another traverse in solid to wear whenever, I liked the first one I got so much.
I do like my merino bases of various thicknesses as well, but that traverse is a great piece for me here in Michigan.

OP
E
I think that the traverse was my most used piece of sitka the last 2 years looking back. It does a great job, but I'm "wool curious" because I like that it doesn't stink, and should in theory not shine like polyester can.

OP
E
My buddy was just telling me his first lite furnace is warmer than anything he has ever used and claims it to be warmer than the traverse.... can anybody weigh in? I don't own any first lite anymore and its not available anywhere to get a hand on it.

Agross

WKR
They r different pieces. I have the furnace pieces and love em for here in Michigan. Warmest base layer I’ve used and comfortable. The traverse is more of a mid layer jacket piece to me. Together they r great and very warm but different pieces.

OP
E
They r different pieces. I have the furnace pieces and love em for here in Michigan. Warmest base layer I’ve used and comfortable. The traverse is more of a mid layer jacket piece to me. Together they r great and very warm but different pieces.
I always thought the furnace was a heavy baselayer, but he uses it as a mid layer over a base and under a jacket for whitetails. Would you say they are different because of the weight or how warm it is or the way they are built?

I use my traverse as an outer in mild temps and as a mid in cold temps.