Traverse vs VXR 31.5

I may upgrade my bow which is a very long axle to axle. I tried a VXR and felt it was crazy top heavy just holding on to it. Simple question, for those who have shot both, is the Traverse as top heavy as the VXR when a quiver, sight, etc mounted?

I shot the V3 the other day, it felt good, but didn't have a quiver mounted on it. I can't find a Traverse to shoot so I'm looking for past experiences.

Zac

WKR
I would say that most Mathews bows are going to be top heavy. Out of those two models I would choose the Traverse for shootability. Longer ATA, longer brace height, as well as better let off options. The V3 is pretty cool as well. Their positioning of the cable guard is pretty genius for a binary cam.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
I shot both, side by each. I really couldn’t tell that much of a difference honestly. the vxr was slightly more dead in hand at shot maybe I guess. As far as top heavy, I don’t think you’ll find much difference between the 2. I wasn’t really looking at that characteristic but Maybe you will if your really analyze it. But most people will throw a stabilizer on first thing, so It’s a wash.

I went with the Traverse but Matthews has came out with like 2 (yearly releases) I think, bows that are FAARRR superior since. I heard this last one is faster and quieter and makes cinnamon raisin bread toast after every shot!!!

Reactions: ZDR
OP
C
Interesting feedback, thanks. I keep hearing the traverse was a good bow, but without shooting hard to pull the trigger. The VXR I shot was dead at the shot yet that forward pull turned me off. I’m a bowhunter, And have never ran stabilizers so I’m not looking for more weight added to counter balance.

I did shoot the V3 very nice, brace height bit short but it shot nice.

CB4

WKR
Interesting feedback, thanks. I keep hearing the traverse was a good bow, but without shooting hard to pull the trigger. The VXR I shot was dead at the shot yet that forward pull turned me off. I’m a bowhunter, And have never ran stabilizers so I’m not looking for more weight added to counter balance.

I did shoot the V3 very nice, brace height bit short but it shot nice.
I just upgraded my bow after shooting an Elite Answer for the last 9 years. I only shot the V3 31 and Hoyt Ventum 33 as they were the two that interested me. I choose the V3 because it fit my hand better. I feel it also has slightly less vibration in the shot. However if you dont want to run a stabilizer I would highly recommend the ventum with that small 2" stabilizer that comes on it because it does help and keeps the center of gravity low.

OP
C
Good choice on your bow! I shot the New Ventrum from Hoyt, R5 in carbon and Aluminum and that V3 to me shot way nicer. Bare bow with sight it balanced out nice, and felt nice in the hand.

Reactions: CB4