Tree hopper recon saddle for one sticking?

I see a lot of guys one sticking with tethered saddles and cruiser saddles, but not many with the treehopper recon saddles… Those saddles pose their own inherent issues due to the design. When you take tension out of the saddle, the saddle tends to wanna slip down your waist, as I found with trying to one stick this afternoon.

Does anyone have any recommended solutions?

Or, perhaps a recommendation for a different saddle… I really do think the recon is extremely comfortable and I like the two panel design, not to mention the price point is pretty outstanding as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btaylor

WKR
I see a lot of guys one sticking with tethered saddles and cruiser saddles, but not many with the treehopper recon saddles… Those saddles pose their own inherent issues due to the design. When you take tension out of the saddle, the saddle tends to wanna slip down your waist, as I found with trying to one stick this afternoon.

Does anyone have any recommended solutions?

Or, perhaps a recommendation for a different saddle… I really do think the recon is extremely comfortable and I like the two panel design, not to mention the price point is pretty outstanding as well.

The benefit and the frustration to saddle hunting is the shear number of options for setting up your system. If you are really happy with the saddle, you could change you climbing system to a ropes climbing system like SRT, DRT or the JRB hitch climbing method where you are always under tension. Or you could change saddles. If you want to go that route, I would say take a look at Wood hunting saddles or the Overwatch Outdoors Transformer.

OP
J
Agreed…and I’ve found some solutions that are both fun and effective. I flipped the panels and it’s a game changer on the recon saddle. Also I’m going to one stick so the lineman loops are not a huge necessity, so to keep the saddle on my waist at slack line I put a bungee cord across and it works like a gem. I’m back to happy now!

Steely Ty

FNG
I one stick with a tree hopper recon every time I go into the woods.

Year or two ago I bought the kydex clip to keep the two panels together. Just like using a sit drag at that point. Once I get to hunting height and get situated, then I seperate the two panels a bit to give my butt a little more space

Yota

FNG
Agreed…and I’ve found some solutions that are both fun and effective. I flipped the panels and it’s a game changer on the recon saddle. Also I’m going to one stick so the lineman loops are not a huge necessity, so to keep the saddle on my waist at slack line I put a bungee cord across and it works like a gem. I’m back to happy now!

When you say flipped the panels, does that mean you reversed their position or did you turn them inside out?