Tree stand advise

Lone wolf alpha vs assualt hang on for overall carrying in,mainlybonnmy own place with ladders setup in trees already and a few pack in hunts per year.

I like that assault but I don't mind having a small platform and I tend to carry mine 1 mile or more per hunt so the weight savings is important to me.

If you aren't going very far, very often then the alpha would serve your needs and give you a bit more room.

Mudflap621

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer the assault for weight. Your losing like 3” in front which wasn’t an issue for me. Another place they cut platform was towards the tree which is less noticeable.

LostArra

WKR
Assault
I like hanging it in a tight cluster of trees for cover. Smaller the better.

I also take it to some prime spots in the mountains when elk hunting and every ounce counts on that trip!

Neither is a real comfy all-day sit stand but it's doable if deer are moving

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bogle

FNG
I have one of the old LW Assaults that I use 3 or 4 times a year but use a saddle (Anderson Tree Sling) most of the time.

If more open woods and paths to stands then the larger Alpha is my go to. Going through swamps / thick cover a lower profile Assault works better. I have a LW climber also I use in some situations where I don't have to hunt for trees! The Beast climbing sticks are the best. I have LW sticks also.

I still have these LW stands but I primarily saddle hunt the last three years. Pondering selling the LW stands.

I have the assault. I really like it. If I was going to have preset ladders. I’d consider a Millennium and use their box thing. It’s super easy to hand a stand, but so is the lone wolf. The bigger Millennium are very comfy though.

jbwright

WKR
I was having the same debate the latter half of my season.

Going Saddle next year. Can have presets with ladders ready or carry in some hawk helium sticks.
I’ve heard a lot of hunters in my area (Ga/Al) going to saddle hunting. Can you do a 3-4 hr sit? I’ve used Summit’s and API’s for the longest time, but Lone Wolf is the way to go, IMO.

Jdhunttrapfish

Lil-Rokslider
I have an alpha and love it, I sat in both the alpha and assult before purchasing and I liked the extra room, a few more pounds isnt a big deal at all if your not going miles and miles back in

I’ve heard a lot of hunters in my area (Ga/Al) going to saddle hunting. Can you do a 3-4 hr sit? I’ve used Summit’s and API’s for the longest time, but Lone Wolf is the way to go, IMO.

I don't own one yet. Saddlehunter.com is where I've been reading and gathering info. Lots of guys do 3-4 hrs or all day sits. I only plan to sit 4 hrs minimum normally so I sure hope so.

jbwright

WKR
I don't own one yet. Saddlehunter.com is where I've been reading and gathering info. Lots of guys do 3-4 hrs or all day sits. I only plan to sit 4 hrs minimum normally so I sure hope so.
That’s cool. I need to check out the saddle, especially given the wt to hike in a climber can be tough doing a hang & hunt same day. Thanks for the site, I’ll have to check it out.

Brendan

WKR
I've done all day in a saddle without getting down. Comfort is fine, but I will find myself moving around more if I'm not careful.

For tree stands: Lone Wolf alpha Hang On or Assault Hang On.

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
I've had 4+ hour sits in my Mantis Saddle and have been very comfortable (some napping may have occurred). I usually get back pain sitting in my hang on's or ladder stands and the saddle fixed that.

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a fan of my alpha. Assault platform just seems a tad small at 20'+. & I try not to put much pressure on the stand in the area they shaved off for the assault platform (back sides by the tree) it's nice to have that space to jockey around for a shot behind the tree. I'd suggest a comfort seat for all day.

jspradley

WKR

My max is 4 hrs so far, the saddle is just fine the biggest part is i get a real calf workout doing the half sit half lean for that long. Would probably be a lot better with a platform big enough for my entire foot

Then again I have a hard problem sitting in any one place for that long...