Tree stand advise

jbwright

WKR
My max is 4 hrs so far, the saddle is just fine the biggest part is i get a real calf workout doing the half sit half lean for that long. Would probably be a lot better with a platform big enough for my entire foot

Then again I have a hard problem sitting in any one place for that long...
Dang, I didn’t know you could sit for that long in a saddle. I need to check this out because several of the areas a hunt are pretty remote, so it’s not uncommon for me to have to hike in a mile or mile and a half to get to my stay in location. I imagine this also gives you the ability to Home in trees that may not be suitable for a climber. Thanks guys, for all the advice Hunt in trees that may not be suitable for a climber. Thanks guys, for all the advice. & Inside.

cdg097

FNG
I agree with everyone that has mentioned going the saddle route. Comfort is amazing. I’ve had multiple surgeries on my lumbar spine and can’t sit a treestand for more than 2-3 hours. I’ve been doing all day sits in my saddle now for years with zero issues. I’ve hunted out of every saddle that is on the market today, but my go-to has been the Tethrd Mantis, and I’ve been hunting this year out of the Tethrd Phantom, which will be released for sale in February. I can’t say enough great things about the Phantom. If you’re looking to go the saddle route, get the Phantom and the Predator platform, and if you by chance find that saddle hunting isn’t for you, you can sell it and lose no money on it.

86indy

Lil-Rokslider
I went with the Alpha this year for the reason I paid $20 more and didn't want to regret not having the room. I like to lean against the tree and having more foot room tight to the tree is a big plus for me. Either way coming from a summit climber I was amazed how silent it is and the LW is still lower profile on my back than the climber was.

RRen

FNG
I'm a fan of my alpha. Assault platform just seems a tad small at 20'+. & I try not to put much pressure on the stand in the area they shaved off for the assault platform (back sides by the tree) it's nice to have that space to jockey around for a shot behind the tree. I'd suggest a comfort seat for all day.
What kind of seat do you use? The stock LW isnt great for long sits IMO.