tree stand hauling pack

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
i am looking at some packs for multi use. i want something to haul a lock on and sticks or a climber. it also would need to haul meat if need be. i have been looking at some exo, mystery ranch and kifaru packs. Anyone have suggestions as to what they use. Id like to have a nice frame but i don't need a huge bag, i dont do any overnight hunts.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
i am looking at some packs for multi use. i want something to haul a lock on and sticks or a climber. it also would need to haul meat if need be. i have been looking at some exo, mystery ranch and kifaru packs. Anyone have suggestions as to what they use. Id like to have a nice frame but i don't need a huge bag, i dont do any overnight hunts.

Mystery Ranch Pop Up 28 or 38. They will carry what you need to get up the tree, your other essentials and haul meat when it comes time to get it out of the woods. Also makes a great day hunting option.

OP
R

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
would u guys happen to have pics of these packs carrying a stand

Grabwad

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the kifaru Stryker. I don’t have any picks but so far, I’m very happy with it

Mawgie

FNG
Most climbers that I know of are much too big/bulky to pack inside a pack. Here in the East, most guys run them with backpack straps and cinch a day pack or waist pack onto the climber.

T28w

WKR
I’d also like to see pics of stands strapped on a pack. I always used the straps on the bottom of the stand

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
Styker will haul any tree stand easily and the bag is the perfect size for day hunts. Add a couple pockets and its just about the perfect run and gun whitetail pack. I've been playing with it for about a month and am very excited to hunt with it this year.
b172170acc25da82ff564d4b08bd3998.jpg

I’m a fan of the KUIU Icon Pro 1850 for day hunts, with the frame and suspension you can easily carry a climbing stand in the meat shelf, and I’ve packed out a quartered, bone in deer in one load.

Another benefit is the KUIU bags are cheap, if you wanted to pick up a larger one for backpacking trips in the future it’s not a big expense.

cg2737

WKR
IMG_3565.JPG
This is my Eastern Ruck with a Lone Wolf sit and climb. I have the pack attached to my tactical frame in this image. I really love this setup.

cg2737

WKR
IMG_0116.jpg
This is the setup I used prior to getting my Eastern Ruck. Cargo Panel, Tactical frame, 2 #11 Lock and Loads, organizer, and a couple belt pouches. This worked very well. The only issue I had was bringing heavier (warmer clothing) with me. In late season I would put my First Lite Sanctuary set in a roll top bag to keep it dry and wedge it between the stand and the cargo panel. The Eastern Ruck has room inside for the set.

Allen

FNG
Styker will haul any tree stand easily and the bag is the perfect size for day hunts. Add a couple pockets and its just about the perfect run and gun whitetail pack. I've been playing with it for about a month and am very excited to hunt with it this year.
b172170acc25da82ff564d4b08bd3998.jpg
Which climbing sticks are those? I can't seem to find a good way to get my full length Lone Wolfs to fit on the load shelf...Thanks!

*zap*

WKR
For early season this year I am going to try my MR guide frame and the MR load sling. The sling has some pals attachment points so I can get a few pouches and a water bottle on it.....dry bag will go inside with the stand. I use rope steps....so they will go in the dry bag with my harness and line.

We will see how that goes, plan to start packing in and setting up/taking down next week for practice. Been a while since I did one day tree stand sets mobile style.

WRM

WKR
For early season this year I am going to try my MR guide frame and the MR load sling. The sling has some pals attachment points so I can get a few pouches and a water bottle on it.....dry bag will go inside with the stand. I use rope steps....so they will go in the dry bag with my harness and line.

We will see how that goes, plan to start packing in and setting up/taking down next week for practice. Been a while since I did one day tree stand sets mobile style.

What he said--or some similar alternative. Even better if you can find an old MR NICE frame on the cheap. The load sling will hold a big stand and a dry bag or stuff bag. Cheap hauler.