Tree stand pack

Deadmeat

WKR
Need some help on deciding what kifaru pack to buy for tree stand hunting. Any body out there have any input? Stuck between shape charge and urban zippy. Hunting whitetails in Illinois Kentucky and Kansas. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
I bought a Shape Charge for that but returned it. Was small, had no way to hang from a hook, and zippered access. Went with a Hooligan, a bit bigger, has a grab handle for hanging, and a snow collar top for quiet access.

I bought a Shape Charge for that but returned it. Was small, had no way to hang from a hook, and zippered access. Went with a Hooligan, a bit bigger, has a grab handle for hanging, and a snow collar top for quiet access.
I would think you could run one or both sets of shape charge compression straps around most trees to secure it. Never tried it myself, though, purely speculating

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Squirrels

WKR
I don’t have a shape charge nor have I ever handled one. However, I do like my tactical zippy for the whitetail woods.

OP
Deadmeat

Deadmeat

WKR
I purchased shape charge waiting to get it in mail hopefully it works out!

PSDBowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be interested in this as well. I was pretty set on a SC, but didn't notice the handle issue until it was mentioned here. The SC seems to be about the right size to me for a treestand pack.

Urban zippy doesn't look bad either.

magstar67

FNG
I bought a Kifaru Eastern Ruck last year and really liked it. Big enough to put my cold weather outer layer in and handles the load better than previous pack.