Trekking Pole Input

Has anyone used the LEKI Makalu Cork Lite Trekking Poles or LEKI Black Series Carbon Trekking Poles? One is obviously aluminum and the other is carbon fiber. Likes, dislikes, preferences? They’re both on sale in GoHunt and I need a pair for sheep hunting this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been beating the heck out of some Black Diamond carbon corks all spring and summer and have zero complaints, I highly recommend them, good luck on your hunt!

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
I believe they make 2 models, the Alpine and Trail series carbon corks, I could be wrong, I know mine are the Alpine Carbon Corks, the locking mechanism on the telescoping shaft is bullet proof, I weigh about 215 and hammer on them all day and they never have let me down yet, I have no experience with the Leki but I’m sure someone on here will!

OP
Jackets307
I believe they make 2 models, the Alpine and Trail series carbon corks, I could be wrong, I know mine are the Alpine Carbon Corks, the locking mechanism on the telescoping shaft is bullet proof, I weigh about 215 and hammer on them all day and they never have let me down let, I have no experience with the Leki but I’m sure someone on here will!

I appreciate the feedback, thank you!!

I have alpine carbon cork black diamond and love.

Backup are Leki with the twist to open/close lengthen/shorten and they are finicky. Used them this weekend with kids and spent 10 mins getting them to lengthen shorten correctly.

Black diamond has open and shut clamp that took about 20 seconds to work with zero aggravation.

Just something to think about.

Backup are Leki with the twist to open/close lengthen/shorten and they are finicky. Used them this weekend with kids and spent 10 mins getting them to lengthen shorten correctly.

Black diamond has open and shut clamp that took about 20 seconds to work with zero aggravation.

Regardless of brand, twist locks suck big time. I'll never own twist locks ever again.

OP
Jackets307

It appears the LEKI black series run the same clamp type set up from what I can tell?

The Leki Black Series Carbon are the ones to get. DO NOT buy the Leki Black Series FX Carbon ones though. I own both and much prefer the regular Black over the FX. The FX‘s folding design with the cable that runs internally is not as strong and the pole pieces can easily separate when pulling up on the pole if stuck in mud, snow, thick grass or under a rock. If it separates enough the rigid pole is now not rigid and you are going to eat 💩.

OP
Jackets307
The Leki Black Series Carbon are the ones to get. DO NOT buy the Leki Black Series FX Carbon ones though. I own both and much prefer the regular Black over the FX. The FX‘s folding design with the cable that runs internally is not as strong and the pole pieces can easily separate when pulling up on the pole if stuck in mud, snow, thick grass or under a rock. If it separates enough the rigid pole is now not rigid and you are going to eat .

Good to know, thank you!

wnelson14

WKR
Buy the S&S archery ones and use the rokslide code and support a hunting company and sponsor.

I have a set of BD carbon distances for non bushwhacking excursions and a set of older BD aluminum cork(i think they were alpines) that I have beat the crap out of. Both are great and would buy both again.