Trekking pole shelters

When using trekking poles to set up your shelter do most leave the shelter up with the poles when leaving for the day to hunt? Do some of you loosen things up and remove the poles and leave the shelter in place so that you can use your poles?

mlgc20

WKR
It depends on the day and what the hiking looks like that day. Most of the time I would rather have my weapon in my hands than the trekking poles. Unless, I'm trying to get to a glassing area that is pretty steep (up or down). If I think I will need the poles, I will just pull them out when I'm ready to head out. I usually don't loosen anything else. Just remove the poles. Then pop them back in when I return.

never.truly.lost

Lil-Rokslider
Trekking poles left in the shelter for me; only really need them for a loaded hike back out. If you are in a timbered area you could always just cut poles to length with whatever is around and then have the best of both worlds.

Andy

Boiserunr

FNG
I have done both. I have removed my trekking poles and then secured the tent to the ground with guy lines or placing a rock on top of the tent so when I get back I just need to pop the pole back in. Other times if I know I'm not going up and down steep stuff and want to come back to the same shelter I will leave my trekking poles in the tent.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We will usually pack everything up and take it with us. One of the big benefits of trekking pole shelters is they are extremelly lightweight. Why not pack around a few extra pounds and be able to camp wherever you end up at the end of the day?

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord