Trekking pole shooting sticks

Carlin59

WKR
Have you tried just looping the wrist straps over the opposite handle? That method has worked really well for me for years and is quickly adjustable. It also provides a soft/padded cradle for the forearm. It looks like with your setup the forearm would rest directly on the pole? You definitely came up with a clever design. I’d be curious to see it tested side by side against standard poles with the straps looked over the opposite handle.

Last edited:
Have you tried just looping the wrist straps over the opposite handle? That method has worked really well for me for years and is quickly adjustable. It also provides a soft/padded cradle for the forearm. It looks like with your setup the forearm would rest directly on the pole? You definitely came up with a clever design. I’d be curious to see it tested side by side against standard poles with the straps looked over the opposite handle.

Exactly what I do. I actually have a piece that turns hiking sticks into a bipod but never use it. I just loop the straps.

I really like this idea and have been looking at doing something like this myself. It’s a great idea and I was trying to figure it out somehow as I think this would possibly be even faster than looping the handles, which I currently do. I would possibly think about sliding it up as close to the bottom of the foam handle so that way the gun would be touching the foam and not the metal. Also do they just fit inside each other like a puzzle piece or do they lock by twisting them? Overall I like it.

OP
W

wyo_gasman

Lil-Rokslider
I really like this idea and have been looking at doing something like this myself. It’s a great idea and I was trying to figure it out somehow as I think this would possibly be even faster than looping the handles, which I currently do. I would possibly think about sliding it up as close to the bottom of the foam handle so that way the gun would be touching the foam and not the metal. Also do they just fit inside each other like a puzzle piece or do they lock by twisting them? Overall I like it.
Thanks. They lock together by twisting them. One set my partner has are installed in the foam.

OP
W

wyo_gasman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve tried looping the handles before, it works fine I just wanted something more solid.

sbsyncro

FNG
Cool idea. Question for me is how much weight they add to the trekking poles. An extra ounce there matters a whole lot more than an ounce in a pack...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk