Trekking poles - cork handles

Trekking pole recommendations with cork handles? Got a pair for Christmas that made me realize quickly that I'd prefer cork. Leaning towards the Leki Micro Vario Cor-Tec TA. Thanks

I've had Cascade Mountain Tech Carbon trekking poles for 3 years and for me they've been great:

This guy, Andrew Skurka, its a total stud in the thru hiking world where he does a review of these poles a few years ago:

good luck

You can spend a pretty penny on some of the so called “better/best”, carbon fiber cork handled poles, and they are very nicely made for sure, but are they upwards of $150 nicer than the $29 Cascade Mountain ones that Costco sells? Not IMO, and I’ve spent way too much money on some of the high end trekking poles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple pairs of cascade mountain techs, friends fancy poles don’t seem any better. You can also buy replacement sections from the manufacture if you break one. Great products

You ever have any issues with the twist locks??
I can tell you I have the same pair and I did not have any issues. I do need to find a replacement one though. I snapped one in half at no fault of its own (I was fatigued hauling out an elk hind quarter around mile 4. Lost my balance on some rough terrain. The pole no doubt saved me from injury).

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR
Cascade Mountian Teck 3K all the way. Then get the Quick Stix for them and you are ready to go with walking sticks that can be used as shooting sticks in the blink of an eye.

OP
JourneyBound23
You can spend a pretty penny on some of the so called “better/best”, carbon fiber cork handled poles, and they are very nicely made for sure, but are they upwards of $150 nicer than the $29 Cascade Mountain ones that Costco sells? Not IMO, and I’ve spent way too much money on some of the high end trekking poles.

Thanks. With the cascades, do you ever wish or have the need for them to pack down smaller? The cascades only go down to 26" whereas the Leki's I was looking at (your right $159) go down to 15"? As far as packability.

Thanks. With the cascades, do you ever wish or have the need for them to pack down smaller? The cascades only go down to 26" whereas the Leki's I was looking at (your right $159) go down to 15"? As far as packability.

You know, I never really gave it much thought. I think we have about 4 or 5 pairs of trekking poles (Black Diamond, Locus Gear, Gossamer Gear, and a couple sets of Cascades), and they all seem to collapse to roughly the same length, give or take. I very rarely have strapped them to my pack, because I’m usually using them. The times that I have strap them to my pack, I never thought about wishing they would collapse smaller.

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
Cascade Mountain Techs are awesome and reasonable. I have the cheaper carbon fiber ones with the flip locks. They have been great for me and work well with my Silex.

My hunting buddy has had a couple pairs of the $100+ poles, bending or breaking both, while I'm still on my first pair of Cascade Mountains for the past 3 years.

I am about 20 years older than him so might be less brutal on gear, but stil...

ps - Andrew Skurka even mentioned some upgrade of the plastic locks to make a stronger lock, though mine haven't broken yet.