Trekking poles? How to choose?

I'm looking at upgrading my 25+ year old fixed height aluminum trekking poles. Thanks everyone for the information so far. I'm worried about the durability of the carbon fiber in the cold but the weight factor is enticing me away from aluminum as my choice.

I'll post the below write up article from REI too for some added information that I found.

http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/trekking-poles-hiking-staffs.html

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Upgraded from a 10 year old pair of BD poles. Went with the Leki corklite (w/ camera adapter grip) a few months back. Lightweight, compact and easy to adjust with gloves. Seem durable but time will tell.

bbrown

WKR
I have only had a set of the BD flip locks for a month or so now and I was a bit skeptical of how useful yet cumbersome they would be but since I have a pyramid style tent and I was hoping to eliminate searching for the right pole (harder than it sounds considering I am always camped in a forest full of trees) or a flat spot under a tree to hang it from. So they would serve multi purposes. When I took them out of my truck the first time my buddy gave me hell - something about a sissy granola eating something or other but by the time we topped the divide he was begging me to use them for a bit. They made climbing and descending so much easier and I can only imagine how much they will help with a pack full of meat.

Needless to say - he ordered some on his phone as soon as we got back into service

mtmiller

WKR
When I took them out of my truck the first time my buddy gave me hell - something about a sissy granola eating something or other

I was that naive as well the first time my hunting buddies pulled them out. Eating crow and using mine all the time now.