Trekking Poles into Bi-Pod

bozeman

WKR
I know I read something on this, but search for 'trekking pole bi-pod' and 'trekking pole bi' bring back 'No Results'......does anyone remember this thread? I believe there were two options:
1- a small clip that held the trekking poles in an 'X' formation
2- someone had used a rubber band (something like this) to wrap them in an 'X' formation.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bozeman

You can wrap a strong rubber band around both at the same time or loosely tie with rope, about 6 inches down from the top. This will allow you to spread the feet apart and have a good pair of height adjustable shooting sticks. You can do it with just the wrist straps looped over the opposite pole and your hand holding both poles at the"x" as well.

Velcro. Easton made a dohicky that would hold the poles together too. Mine is laying somewhere on a hillside in AZ still attached to my pole.

Randle

WKR
Here is what I did. I already had tape on the poles to keep them quiet when crossed. A cinch knot on the first pole , put the poles together and wrap around the second pole. I will shoot tomorrow and see how it works .20190202_163815.jpg20190202_163942.jpg

mt100gr.

WKR
Another "trick" I have heard (haven't tried it, can't claim it's my own idea) is to cut 2 fingers off a leather glove but leave them attached at the crotch. One stick in each finger with the "web" as a hinge. Not sure how it would work with baskets but it would be an easy DIY to make 2 larger sleeves that slip over the grips of the poles and are either permanently attached or buckle together at the crotch.

cbeck36

Lil-Rokslider
Cut a bicycle inner tube cross ways making a ring. Put one pole in then the other. Twist one pole to desired tension. Lots of ways to attach the inner tube to the pole. We use inner tube rubber bands for everything around our place.

I always just loop the wrist straps over each other, cross the handles and you have a nice cradle bipod. Its noiseless since the gun is resting against the handles and straps not the shaft of the trekking poles.

Furthest I have shot game that way was a bull at 408 yards.

Carlin59

WKR
Another vote for just looping the wrist straps from each pole over the handle of the other pole. It forms a nice cradled v. I don't like strapping my poles together as I'm often using them to navigate the terrain. With practice you can go from actively using your poles to move to a solid seated position with the poles crossed via the straps. I'm comfortable to 400 with this setup. Any further and I'm finding a way to get prone.

Ya another vote for just looping each pole through the other's handle. Simple, fast, probably as steady as you'll get without actually attaching them to the weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup loop the straps over the handles. Why make it more complicated then it needs to be.

2Shea

FNG
I just loop straps over like others have said. Works fine