Trekking poles reccomendations?

Okhotnik

WKR

Cork grips and prefer aluminum to carbon. Love the Costco for the price point but have had them break a few times. For heavy duty packing, side hilling, over dead falls with a load I think aluminum, flip lock poles is the way to go.

JohnIrish

FNG
I have used cascade mountain tec poles....and I also have a pair of Leki .... the adjustment...breakdown...on the Leki is amazing. So easy to adjust. I think the Leki is worth the money. I use them for hunting but also like to hike so the better poles make sense to me.

Sissy stix or leki legacy lite cor-Tec .... personally would recommend something with the cork style handle rather than the hard foam

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of black diamond aluminum poles that I love.

I prefer aluminum to carbon because I feel there's less likelihood a pole breaking when I get really tired and sloppy and start accidentally banging poles off of rocks or jamming them between deadfall. You can also throw them at grouse with limited negative consequences.

There's a weight argument for non-adjustable one-piece poles, but for the super steep stuff I hunt in I love the ability to set poles at 110 cm for heading up a ridge and 135 for heading down. It makes a huge difference. When I've borrowed one-piece poles in the past it felt like driving a vehicle with a one-speed transmission.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I don't get how people can keep using and recommending those costco poles for our application. They are great for hiking and even hiking in with gear... But if you have significant weight on your back and are a 200 lb guy these are NOT the poles for you. They break and there is a reason they are so cheap.

I have a bad knee (old nasty hockey injury) and rely heavily on my trekking poles.