Trekking Poles

Brianb3

WKR
Carbon lighter and can snap.
Aluminum slightly heavier but bends

If your using for a tent make sure they extend to the length you’ll need

I have them in my pack 60% of the time so I like the ones that break into three parts for storage

Leki have great straps and great warranty service.

I always have a backup in the truck during season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cascade mountain tech (what costco carries) and if you break a section their replacement parts are cheap. Mine have held up great over 4 seasons only broke twice when wedged between rocks and i pushed sideways hard.

TnCo

FNG
I had a pair of cheapos I got on amazon, used them one time and decided I didn't need any. went on a hike with my hunting partner used a pair of his and decided they are for me. just ordered a pair of the BD ergo aluminum. happy with them.. only con is they don't collapse very small..

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
I have the cascade (Costco) aluminum ones and they work great but man do they make a lot of noise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mountainsmith makes some great trekking pole options at a reasonable price plus they have a great warranty. I like the ones that break down as someone mentioned above so I can pack them away when not in use.

bitbckt

Lil-Rokslider
FlickLock style adjustment (Mountainsmith calls it "outer lock") and a cork handle are the two things that make a trekking pole for me. After that, they need to adjust for pitching my tarp. How they break down never even enters into it.

I bought a set of leki’s last year. They really worked great for me. Sort of wish I had gotten the cork hand grips. They are aluminum.