Trekking poles

stonewall

WKR
Metals tips def clink on rocks. Idk if it matters. I think I still have the rubber caps on mine. I really only use them for meat packs now. I didn’t carry them this past season. Just brought them in when going back for the second load

and I like cheaper poles. I was told not to skimp on them. But idk why that is

Are these essential for areas in north western Colorado?

7a05563cd2f7f068b96f33c194ec403a.jpg

NW CO has a lot of... texture. On this particular pack out we were in the deadfall for at least an hour. Poles are invaluable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metals tips def clink on rocks. Idk if it matters. I think I still have the rubber caps on mine. I really only use them for meat packs now. I didn’t carry them this past season. Just brought them in when going back for the second load

and I like cheaper poles. I was told not to skimp on them. But idk why that is

I only use mine when packing camp or meat, and scouting. So not to worried about the noise. I will use them for a quick shelter with a small tarp to get out of the rain when needed as well while scouting or hunting, so they do have their place on my pack.

Poles are a must. I even use them priaire hunting now! Honestly I don't think I'd even hit the trail if I left them at home. I can't imagine trying to pack an animal out without them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Personally have always taken the little condom tips and thrown them away. I have a Black Diamond flick lock set with cork handles. Bought them 6 yrs ago and never a single issue. Twist lock trekking poles are the devil