Trekking Poles?

WinM70

FNG
What are your thoughts on trekking poles? Are they worth the money? Worth the weight when not being used while hunting? What brands have people had best luck with?

Lots of prior posts on trekking poles, try using the "search" function to read some of them. Many folks on here use the Cascade Mountain Tech poles from Costco, great poles, great price, once you use them, you'll probably wonder how you ever hiked the mountains without them.

BluMtn

WKR
I laughed at trekking poles until I bought a set last year. Now I am a firm believer. Plus I bought these for my poles to hook them together for a bi-pod.

Definitely worth the money regardless IMO, but especially when they only cost $29 at Costco. $29 for carbon fiber, flick lock, cork handled trekking poles is the greatest deal going. Also only 15 oz. for the pair.

Mstayrook

FNG
I guess what I meant is, my buddy and I thought about splitting them between us. So we would both have one?

I don't always use them hunting but I always take them with me. Very helpful after the harvest when carrying heavy loads.

One seemed off balanced to me. You can’t go wrong with the carbon set at Costco. $30 for a set. Once you use them you won’t go back. So to answer the question, yes they are worth it ($30).

Jimss

WKR
Trekking poles are worth their weight in gold...especially when packing in camp and/or hauling out critters. I have a pair of Leki's I picked up from Sierra Trading for about 1/2 price that I've used and abused for many years. The only thing about trekking poles is they "clang" on rocks and can be heard from about a mile away. I had a hiker with treking poles totally screw up a bighorn sheep stalk I was making this fall when he clanging his way down a trail about 1/2 mile from the group of rams I was stalking. It sent them to the next county!

Does anyone have a link to the Cascade Mountain Tech poles from Costco? When I search for them, all I can find is a 2 pack that has 4 poles for $65. I looked for them in a local Costco as well last week and didn’t find any.

Drenalin

WKR
Does anyone have a link to the Cascade Mountain Tech poles from Costco? When I search for them, all I can find is a 2 pack that has 4 poles for $65. I looked for them in a local Costco as well last week and didn’t find any.
I bought mine at Academy:

I bought mine at Academy:

That is the aluminum version that you linked. I just looked and they have the carbons, but they are $50. Not a bad price, but was just looking to find them for $30 as all the others have.
Thank you for the link.