Trekking poles

Tbuckus

WKR
I don’t know if this will pop up again, but if you see an ad on social media for these poles, you may want to check them out. I tried to find the ad, but can’t anymore. I should have posted something but wanted to see them first before I said anything.

Amazon.com : 4EVER outdoor the best Collapsible Ultralight 3K Carbon Fiber Hiking Walking Trekking Poles with Quick Locks, All Terrain and Seasons Accessories and Carry Bag : Sports & Outdoors

I saw an ad for 30% off these poles on amazon. If figured for $38 it’s worth a shot. If I didn’t like them I can return them to amazon. And that’s not including using ebates.
So far they feel the same walking around my backyard as my rei carbon poles. About the same flex, maybe a tad more.
Weight beat out my other poles by a half ounce. 14.9 if I remember correctly.
I’m pretty sure they are a Chinese knock off and there are better quality ones out there. But dang, I like that price.

KEVINSENC

Lil-Rokslider
they are 50 bucks, has the price changed since you purchased??, I just learned a hard lesson with some cheap walmart poles, watched it bow out going down hill when i slipped a little on some wet rocks and it then snapped sending me down to the ground with 60 pounds on my back..

OP
T

Tbuckus

WKR
Cascade mountain tech poles break pretty easily.

If ur just doing general hiking they are fine. They aren't good for shelters or tons of scree bashing stuff. I bought mine based on skurkas recommendations.

Owenst7

WKR
Cascade mountain tech poles break pretty easily.

If ur just doing general hiking they are fine. They aren't good for shelters or tons of scree bashing stuff. I bought mine based on skurkas recommendations.

My experience of ~300 miles of elk hunting and peakbagging on snowshoes has been quite different. Packed out two elk, two mulies, a Bighorn, and several winter summits on one pair, before a gust of wind slammed a door on one of them and broke it. $7.50 on the CMT website got me a new section and they're back in business. I solely use a Mountain Shelter and these are what I use to pitch it.

I bought a second pair for my girlfriend and a spare set to leave in my truck.

Jimss

WKR
You may also want to check out Sierra Trading. With a 20 to 30% off discount code you can likely get a nice pair of Lekis or others. I got a pair of Lekis from ST that I've used on gobs of Alaska, Colo, and other hunts.