Trex arms: short draw bow options

Keedman

FNG
Currently looking to upgrade from my bear cruzer I got back in 2015. I feel enough industry improvement has been made to make it worth it. I also have a short draw Currently at 26" 70lbs. Currently my arrows are 495grn at 230fps give or take a few.
I would love to get back to the 250fps range with the same arrow. Any advice tips is appreciated.
I'm in socal not many bow shops to go try them out either. But if I can get a few model recommendations to call around for it would help.

Cplace

FNG
Seems pretty doable with any bow rated around 310 up.
I'm at 290 with a 27” draw. My bow is rated 332. Bows are one of those personal preference things. Go shoot some at the bow shop, see what you like.

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t own one but I think highly of the prime nexus series. One of my employees just received a nexus 4 he custom ordered with 80lb limbs. He is a 27.5 draw he is getting h280’ plus with around 450 grain arrow. They go down to 23.5 inches of draw I believe. I only don’t own one because the cycle wasn’t my favorite at max draw length of 30.5 but when I shot it off the rack at 29 it was very pleasant.

bwlacy

WKR
PSE EVO EVL

Shoot the 32 and the 34 and see what you think.

Bring an arrow with you when testing new bows and shoot through the shops chronograph. Then you can get the real world numbers. A lot of bows don't hit the advertised speeds, and a lot of cams aren't very efficient when going to a shorter draw length.

Shoot several bows and brands and find one you like first. Only test the ones that have the speed you are looking for.

fatlander

WKR
Most all companies have a short draw specific cam. Be leery of a cam that goes from 30ish all the way down to the low 20s. Those types of cams tend to drastically lose efficiency in the shorter lengths. Looks for something that maxes out at 28” or so. That will be much more efficient at your draw length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk