Triad Tactical Stock Pack

rob86jeep

WKR
Just wanted to post a quick review of the Triad Tactical stock pack. I have a Ruger American Predator rifle with a Leupold VX-3i scope and rings low enough to have minimal clearance between the scope and barrel (I don't remember the brand/height right now). My cheek weld was pretty low compared to what I needed for the scope so I was looking at cheek risers/stock pads to raise it up a little. The Triad stock pack (regular size, not large) works perfect to get my cheek weld at the right level with adding some storage for a spare mag, rounds, or whatever else I want to put in there without getting in the way. I haven't shot with it yet or taken any pics, but it feels great settling in behind the rifle in my living room. I like it so much I just bought another one for my other hunting rifle. Figured I would post this in case anyone else is on the fence or looking for something similar. I did consider the PIG stock pack as well (it looks great from the pictures) but I can't speak to how it feels in person.

Last edited:

BAKPAKR

WKR
I have Triad Tactical stock packs and pads on a few rifles. I even told Santa Claus that I could use another one (or two). I really like them and they sure are cheaper than buying new stocks. I put a Triad Tactical Stock Pad on a Tikka T3X with a SWFA 3-9 in Hawkins rings. It is just about perfect for me.

I didn’t use the pad on a backpack hunt I went on this fall, but I am pretty sure I will use it on future hunts. To me, it is worth carrying the extra few ounces.

Sled

WKR
i have a few rifles with them. my favorite is the regular with internal loops. the large is too large for anything i want to carry on the stock but i can see it working for others. i also use the bradly adjustable for some of my higher scoped rifles. it works great to get the extra height but i sure miss my basic padded triad that holds 5 extra rounds securely inside the zippered pocket.

OP
R

rob86jeep

WKR
I have Triad Tactical stock packs and pads on a few rifles. I even told Santa Claus that I could use another one (or two). I really like them and they sure are cheaper than buying new stocks. I put a Triad Tactical Stock Pad on a Tikka T3X with a SWFA 3-9 in Hawkins rings. It is just about perfect for me.

I didn’t use the pad on a backpack hunt I went on this fall, but I am pretty sure I will use it on future hunts. To me, it is worth carrying the extra few ounces.
My other rifle I just bought the stock pack for is a TX3 with an SWFA 3-9 in sportsmatch rings. I can't wait to get it in now that i've seen how much more comfortable it makes my other rifle.

OP
R

rob86jeep

WKR
You won’t believe the difference. Add a vertical grip and you will be set.
I actually have the vertical grip sitting on my counter, just haven't had the time to install it yet. I was worried about the comfort to shoot while standing with it though; has that been an issue?

robie

WKR
I think they have the best option out there. Just make sure you order the Velcro strips you want.

I've got the Triad Large Modular Stock Pack with clear strip for drop chart that i put on the outside velcro and ammo strip for inside the pouch velcro.

Dcaccia

FNG
Best cheek riser I’ve used. Does absorb some water if your rifle doubles as a walking stick in snowy conditions. High quality product nonetheless.

Lawnboi

WKR
Really like mine, but prefer a real cheek piece if needed. Gets the job done, makes it comfortable but can soak up water.

Slap the vertical grip on. It’s been better for me for all types of shooting.

My other rifle I just bought the stock pack for is a TX3 with an SWFA 3-9 in sportsmatch rings. I can't wait to get it in now that i've seen how much more comfortable it makes my other rifle.

I have almost that same set-up and really like how it turned out. Mine is a Tikka Superlite/Sportsmatch rings/S&B 10x42 scope. Keep an extra mag in the pouch(y)

I have been using the triad tactical stock packs for a while and they are nice. For weight conscious applications, another good option is the cheeky bastard from Armageddon gear.

OP
R

rob86jeep

WKR
Really like mine, but prefer a real cheek piece if needed. Gets the job done, makes it comfortable but can soak up water.

Slap the vertical grip on. It’s been better for me for all types of shooting.
I was worried how the vertical grip would feel when shooting the rifle standing/unsupported. But, I just installed it a few minutes ago and it feel WAY better then the standard grip, even when standing unsupported. It also feels like I have a better grip/control of the gun (which I figured would be the opposite when adding a vertical grip). I'm just upset I didn't install it a couple of months ago when I first got it.