Triangle post reticles

I picked up a Trijicon 3-9x40 scope from a friend and it has the triangle post reticle. I’m curious what people's thoughts are about them who have used them? I’m also wondering how effective the reticle is on a bolt rifle with shots over 100 yards. It seems like it would be 100% guesswork trying to adjust the shot for windage or elevation. It’s mounted on a Remington HS precision model 7 in .308, and my worry is that the reticle is more designed for quick acquisition and close-range shooting and will do no justice for the riffle.....?

Apollo117

WKR
I've got the same scope on my Savage model 16 LWH in .308. It works well for my purpose, which is sub 200 yard shots in low light with a lightweight rifle.

The Trijicon scopes with the triangle reticles are not good for long range IMO. However, Trijicon makes other AccuPount scopes with traditional reticles with a dot in the center. It's a good scope for varmint hunting.

Spoonbill

WKR
I picked up a Trijicon 3-9x40 scope from a friend and it has the triangle post reticle. I’m curious what people's thoughts are about them who have used them? I’m also wondering how effective the reticle is on a bolt rifle with shots over 100 yards. It seems like it would be 100% guesswork trying to adjust the shot for windage or elevation. It’s mounted on a Remington HS precision model 7 in .308, and my worry is that the reticle is more designed for quick acquisition and close-range shooting and will do no justice for the riffle.....?
Trijicon may be able to swap out the reticle. Their customer service is great to deal with and should be able to tell you if they can and what it would cost.

I run the triangle reticle on my 6.8spc AR pig gun..TR22...works great to 150ish yds...I shoot hogs in the ear, dont like blood trailing them in the swamp with gators. Past 150yd you can get a kill shot just not quite as accurate. It's great for quick target aquisition on multiple targets under 200yds..

I have a ACOG on my AR 10. Awesome scope out to medium range. The scope you have is offered with a few different reticles. I am sure Trijicon will work something out with you to change the reticle.