Tried the DIY tarp/tent kit?

Deer_Bum

FNG
Has anyone made the DIY tarp tent shelter from Ripstop by the roll? Came across their DIY section while looking at fabrics for my own design. Seeing if anyone has made one and thoughts.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I built this one with ripstops silnylon
dfb2b641840b7bfea3a9adfbedb6011f.jpg
29d55172637fc66c7a31e3728a8d8c76.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
I just measured and cut an old 10 x 13 Silnylon tarp I had so one end will be an enclosed A frame. Kind of similar to a mega tarp. I still need to attach tie outs and sew it up. I was close to buying a different shelter, but thought this would be worth a shot first. I will post pics when I finish.

OP
D

Deer_Bum

FNG
I like your design Realunlucky, that’s more what I was hoping for. Looks good and like you have plenty of room in there!
I like the style/shape of the mega tarp. I think I’ll keep refining my design and pass on the DIY kit for now. Will post some photos when I get it done, hopefully this spring to test it all summer. Thanks for the input

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like your design Realunlucky, that’s more what I was hoping for. Looks good and like you have plenty of room in there!
I like the style/shape of the mega tarp. I think I’ll keep refining my design and pass on the DIY kit for now. Will post some photos when I get it done, hopefully this spring to test it all summer. Thanks for the input
https://www.rokslide.com/forums/index.php?posts/274477 here's the write up I did on making it. Sorry I don't have the plans any more or I'd share

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Has anyone made the DIY tarp tent shelter from Ripstop by the roll? Came across their DIY section while looking at fabrics for my own design. Seeing if anyone has made one and thoughts.

I made this one with RBTR’s regular stuff. It’s lighter than Kifaru’s material, 20d vs K’s 30d I believe, but it has withstood ND wind on several occasions. If I do another I’ll use their 1.1 oz mtn because it seems tougher.
3D31F042-5EC3-456E-9DB9-ED387F4D05A0.jpeg
DBF1E54F-75B2-4E63-8C5A-889E277BD3E6.jpeg

OP
D

Deer_Bum

FNG
Still refining my design but finally ordered some material. Thanks for the replies. Have been looking over others’ projects and have learned a ton. Just hoping my wife can teach me to sew!