Trigger Mittens

Beckjhong

WKR
I ordered these and the OR stormbound mittens. I liked both, ended up keeping the OR ones, though they both seemed more than adequate.
The dakines were on the snug side of true to size, but were well made and warm.

OP
Kyle Wheeler
I ordered these and the OR stormbound mittens. I liked both, ended up keeping the OR ones, though they both seemed more than adequate.
The dakines were on the snug side of true to size, but were well made and warm.
Thanks for the feedback! I’m looking at OR and they look pretty warm. I’ll see how the Dakine go first as they seem to be decent quality.

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
What will you use the down gloves for out of curiosity.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Kyle Wheeler
Those down gloves look interesting. I saw they have mittens as well up to size large. I prefer having some dexterity otherwise they are only good for glassing for me and I don’t want to being three pairs of gloves. The OR down gloves with mittens does look like an interesting combo for $50-$60 total.

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
I figured mittens, was asking with them in mind. I blow through gloves. Is only for like only super low impact sitting still? Do you have covers for rain? Do they sell those? Id be interested in a setup like that

renagde

WKR
I figured mittens, was asking with them in mind. I blow through gloves. Is only for like only super low impact sitting still? Do you have covers for rain? Do they sell those? Id be interested in a setup like that

Yeah mostly used for long glassing sessions. They’re almost to fragile for anything else.

Jimss

WKR
I was in panic before heading out last week on a muley hunt. The forecast was for snow, temps in the teens without factoring in windchill. I've had problems with cold hands using gloves so wanted a pair of mittens. I couldn't find any at Schells but bought a pair of insulated, waterproof Carhart mittens at Sportsmans for $30. The only other option they had was to spend $100+ on Sitka and others. My hands ended up pretty darn toasty in the Carharts. I was still able to focus my binos and spotter with mittens but not quite as well as gloves. I think it was $30 well spent!

I would be curious how the trigger mittens performed? They look like a great deal as well.

I just ordered a set from FL, should be here in a couple of days. I have a set of OR overmittens that I use when its wet out.

ewade07

WKR

I have two different pairs of trigger mitts, a Jack Wolfskin pair and a Dakine pair. I just order the Dakine ones from STP as well as the transcendant down mitts. Order at least one size up in the down mitts if you plan on slipping them over the trigger mitts. I order larges in both pairs and no way the down mitts are sliding over top. I used these Dakines out birdhunting last weekend and they are warm. They would be great for rifle hunting but not so much bird hunting due to the fact of having to slide your finger in and out of the trigger for shooting.