Trigger Pull Weight

kopecsean

FNG
What is the trigger pull weight of you hunting rifle?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blackdirt Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Mine are all set at 2 pounds. If I never had to hunt with gloves, I maybe would push it to a pound and a half.

OP
K

kopecsean

FNG
I have a Jewell also in my Remington 700 and it seemed awful light last night it was sitting at 11 ounces, that was the reason for my question. Thank you all

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
Never cared about the weight as long as it breaks clean. I’d never hunt with a #1 trigger.

16Bore

WKR
I have this weird thing where I like heavier triggers on heavier recoiling rifles. I reckon somehow heavier grip pressure means I want heavier trigger pressure.

But I also stare “through” a scope and shoot in the present tense and only observe the pressure of my trigger finger.

It’s old skool mindphuqq from competitive pistol shooting.

Kinda Zen....

My lighter carry rifles are set at 1.5 to 2.5 lbs depending on the trigger (factory or aftermarket). My heavy long range rig is set at a pound. All triggers have some overtravel but no creep.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
2.5-3lbs, as long as it breaks well I'm not all that picky.

When I order new Timney triggers, I ask for 3lbs, not sure what my kimbers are.

TreGrizz

FNG
2.5lbs is where Im at. on a bench, i'd prefer something about 1.5, but when my adrenaline is rushing I dont trust that my finger knows the difference between 0lbs and 1.5 :p

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
I personally run my triggers in the 1lb range. Never been an issue. I do not advise it with anything but a high quality trigger like B&A, Jewell, etc...