Trigger sticks

I verified it is the small trigger stick (21-30) inches. The bigger one is too tall for using in a ground blind and blind chair.
Thanks for double checking. I think I'm going to order one. Plan on hunting Richloam/Green swamp area this season and was going to be using the lone wolf assault stand this year. Figured that trigger stick would provide a little more stability. I appreciate the advice.

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for double checking. I think I'm going to order one. Plan on hunting Richloam/Green swamp area this season and was going to be using the lone wolf assault stand this year. Figured that trigger stick would provide a little more stability. I appreciate the advice.
If I remember correctly, Lone Wolf climbers have pretty wide gaps in the platform. You might want to pick up the foot mdf21 mentioned.

tracker7

FNG
I used one of the monopod ones in the tree stand last year and it worked pretty well.

I do wish I would have got the tripod one instead. I think it’s more versatile.

It works really nice raising and lowering.

BLJ

WKR
Anyone have any experience with a stock that has a wider fore end in the standard trigger stick yoke? I have Magpul hunter stocks on a couple rifles and I'm wondering if the the crossbow yoke would be necessary to accomodate the wider fore end.

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with a stock that has a wider fore end in the standard trigger stick yoke? I have Magpul hunter stocks on a couple rifles and I'm wondering if the the crossbow yoke would be necessary to accomodate the wider fore end.
If I can remember, I'll check on that when I get home from work.

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider

Attachments

• 20210816_095301.jpg
    20210816_095301.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210816_095307.jpg
    20210816_095307.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210816_095252.jpg
    20210816_095252.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 26

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone use the tri pod trigger sticks with arca rail or other clip in system? The weight seem comparable to other tripods and would be faster to deploy for a quick shot and still be able to glass with.

This Spartan Precision system for trigger sticks seems pretty slick.

The Trigger Stick attachment is mentioned at 8:20

Mosby

WKR
I have an original trigger stick and modified it with a Bog Pod top that I prefer. I use when turkey hunting or any time I am day hunting and sitting on the ground. My tall tripod is a Bog Pod. It works well and I killed my biggest bull off of it two years ago.

Zappaman

WKR
The Primos "trigger sticks" are great- I ALWAYS walk and stalk (and blind hunt some) using the tall version (two legged). BUT DON'T GET THEM WET (don't use them through streams or thick wet mud) as they will hang up and need to be disassembled and completely cleaned. If they JUST would use BRASS Vs. steel at the bottom, they'd be a better product as the steel "release" will rust on you. Still, they can be cleaned up and "reborn" with a little sand paper to polish the release mechanism back up (do NOT use ANY oil, just clean them, polish the "catch" a bit and put together dry and you'd good to go).

What I LIKE about the tall sticks is they they drop in about 1 second standing for me at 6'. I have the rifle in my right hand (or slung) and the sticks (half way down) in the other hand ready to completely drop and shoot in under 2-3 seconds. They ALSO go nice and wide, so I have used them in stands (or sitting) a few times. Head shot my buck a few years back standing prone at about 120 yards. Shot a nice mature buck in the neck (at 365 ranged) using them in the blind last Dec. They are also a great tool for setting your bino's on top of when glassing. Won't hunt without them!

Zappaman

WKR
Can anyone with experience compare trigger stick tripod to a traditional tripod?
IN two seconds... I can compare them. Trigger sticks take that long (two seconds) to drop, put your rifle up on, (tweak the trigger to the right elevation VERY quickly) and shoot. Traditional "sticks" take quiet a long time to set-up. If you are glassing or shooting WAY out... you might have the time to mess with them. But having the trigger makes it all so much easier (shooting, glassing, or whatever you are doing with them).

Picked up primos Shockey trigger stick in the classifieds. Helped me make a standing shot on an antelope buck this year. It has its applications.

BluMtn

WKR
I have had both old style and new style Primos shooting sticks. I currently am using the new style short tri-pod sticks with a Manfrotto 391RC2 head and I have base plates on my spotting scope, the shooting yoke, and my camera. I like the shooting stick as a spotting tripod because you can make quick elevation changes by just pulling the trigger instead of having to loosen each leg of a conventional tripod. Same when I am going to use it as a shooting rest. I also have the same Manfrotto on my window mount and on all my conventional tri-pods so I can switch everything around if I need to.

Mono user for several years from blind and hang ons. As Zappaman mentioned above, don’t leave wet. I left mine in a blind for a few weeks last year and it seized up. I disassembled it as he mentioned and sanded/cleaned. It is as good as new.