Trijicon 1-6 / Triangle post reticle scopes.

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
I’m considering one on my hunting rifle and wanted opinions from anyone who has used one, also opinions on the triangle post reticle. A lot of my shots are fast and up close usually 100yds or less. Shots out to 300 can be had but are not normal where I hunt, for years I was over scoped and finally went down to a 2.5-8 vx3 and I like it for the most part. I’m a little worried about going to a 6x max but I like the concept of the 1x and triangle for 50yd and closer shots at moving targets.

I see a lot of info on these scopes for sport shooting but not much for hunting, it’s a little heavier than I would like but I hate to go to the lighter 3-9 and only have 3x be my low end. If anyone has one or has used one did you feel limited by the field of view and how did you find the triangle post for longer more precise shooting again I’m looking to hit 6” plates at 300 so nothing super tough.

My last question is how about scope mounting, right now I’m running Talley low rings and I am clearing the leupold eye piece with the bolt just fine, will I still be good or do I need to go with a higher ring? Thanks for any help.