Trijicon Accupoint 3-9 x 40

CoStick

WKR
I bought a 3-9 Accupoint for a lighter weight 280AI I am having put together. While waiting on the 280AI, I put it on a 223. Now, I think I am going to have to get a second one. For me, it is about the perfect lightweight set and forget scope.
I agree I just picked up another. Cheaper than dirt has them marked down pretty good

Ive had one for about a year. Really enjoy it. Glass is great, illumination is just enough to help in low light, size and weight is great, built like a tank. The turrets can be moved back to zero so if you ever wanted to dial, you can just remove the cap. Thats a big reason i got it. They are covered so they cant get bumped but its easy enough to remove the cap if needed. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two Trijicon Accupoints, the 1-6 with green triangle and the 2.5-12.5 with mil-dot.
I have all varieties of Nightforce SHV.

The Nightforce's are on my "long range" dialing rifles. The Trijicon's are on my MPBR/non-dialing rifles. They are my top choices for everything I shoot.

I was shooting three different rifles this morning. Two Nightforces to rezero and dope for shortened barrels and added suppressor. And a 338 win mag with the 2.5-12.5 Trijicon that I'm testing for a Yukon hunt.

I prefer the Trijicon for simple point and shoot hunting. The Mil-dot reticle is very precise and the constant brightness, no battery illumination is great.

This feedback is awesome and much appreciated. Here’s my last question. I’ve seen Form comment on accupoint reliability, but I think he was talking about the higher magnification models. All the higher mag models weigh significantly more than the 3-9, so something has to be different in terms of the 3-9s construction. They shaved a bunch of weight somehow, and I’m curious if that effects dialing reliability. It isn’t the intention of the scope, but I do prefer to dial shots from 3-400 yards (my limit on game). Has anyone experimented with dialing specifically with the 3-9? Any real world experience with tracking and RTZ? That’s my biggest holdup when I think about switching from my SHV 3-10. Both of mine are rock solid and just work so darn well.

CoStick

WKR
This feedback is awesome and much appreciated. Here’s my last question. I’ve seen Form comment on accupoint reliability, but I think he was talking about the higher magnification models. All the higher mag models weigh significantly more than the 3-9, so something has to be different in terms of the 3-9s construction. They shaved a bunch of weight somehow, and I’m curious if that effects dialing reliability. It isn’t the intention of the scope, but I do prefer to dial shots from 3-400 yards (my limit on game). Has anyone experimented with dialing specifically with the 3-9? Any real world experience with tracking and RTZ? That’s my biggest holdup when I think about switching from my SHV 3-10. Both of mine are rock solid and just work so darn well.
I certainly doesn’t have as clean clicks as the SHV. I would use a different scope if I was dialing.

not sure you're going to find too many dialling this scope, so the reports on tracking will be limited to none, I've migrated to these and I have added Kenton speed dial turrets, setting my rifles up these tracked in to 200 zero and 425 on steel collecting drop data as accurately and quickly with least amount of rounds as any other scope I've used, so far no issues, I'll drag a gong along with me on bear hunt and see if we can do set up and I'll play with dialling it randomly between shots and how it's return to zero is...that's the best I'll be able to offer you, should know more on this end of the month but I'm a long ways from a proper tester of these things, a 0-600 yard hunter that does quiet well with sub-moa rigs and don't look to see if there's much going on as long as things stay sub-moa

it would be a good scope to see run through the eval mill here, it's overkill for most of us 0-600 yard hunters but for those who can still see values where they need to be it may shed some light, it's one of the finest sub 1 lb scopes on the planet imo...at least until form gets ahold of it and tries to kill it, he's not getting one of mine to find out lol

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
Can anybody tell me if the center dot on a duplex model is bigger than on a mil dot reticle, I already have a mil dot accupoint 3-9 and plan on getting another, just wondering if the center dot is a little bigger on the duplex version, thanks, I beat the heck out of my 3-9 accupoint all winter coyote hunting and it has never failed me yet after 2 winters of abuse..

CoStick

WKR
Can anybody tell me if the center dot on a duplex model is bigger than on a mil dot reticle, I already have a mil dot accupoint 3-9 and plan on getting another, just wondering if the center dot is a little bigger on the duplex version, thanks, I beat the heck out of my 3-9 accupoint all winter coyote hunting and it has never failed me yet after 2 winters of abuse..
I have both, it is bigger but not obnoxiously bigger. The measurements are on the trijicon website. I use the duplex on my .270 200 yard center 400 top of thick line.

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
I have both, it is bigger but not obnoxiously bigger. The measurements are on the trijicon website. I use the duplex on my .270 200 yard center 400 top of thick line.
Exactly what my next accupoint will be on my .270, thanks!

ADKHTR

Lil-Rokslider
They are great. The lower hold is closer to 425 actual. 4.3 moa
What color did you go with, my first one I ordered green and they sent me amber by mistake, I just kept it and honestly I have no complaints with the amber but everybody recommends green

CoStick

WKR
What color did you go with, my first one I ordered green and they sent me amber by mistake, I just kept it and honestly I have no complaints with the amber but everybody recommends green
Both of mine are green.

LionHead

WKR
Ive played "the grass is greener" game on my 2.5-10x56 green Mildot accupoint. I carried it for 4 years with absolutely ZERO issues, excellent glass, perfect illumination, and the Mildot is precise enough for mostly all of my needs and durable (Im not gentle on my gear)

I sold it to a buddy who needed a scope for an out of state hunt so I tried several FFP scopes with turrets and batteries to include Night force, Vtx Razor and Leupold.

Now I'm back to buying the (green)er accupoints in MRAD/mildot, theyre hands down my favorite hunting scopes.

I built a new rifle with a 4-16X50 MRAD for dialing and I'm getting a 3-9x40 Mildot to put back on my original rifle for a set and forget brush rifle.

The only thing I miss from the other scope lines is the locking turret feature but the accupoints we're just more pleasant to get behind.

I'd also like to see the MRAD ranging reticle offered in other sizes. The 1/2 mil hash marks make me happy and I might ditch the itch for dialing if there were a few more reference points for making holds.
I have No experience dialing on the new scope yet but I'll report back if anyone is interested.

Good luck!

morgaj1

WKR
Ive played "the grass is greener" game on my 2.5-10x56 green Mildot accupoint. I carried it for 4 years with absolutely ZERO issues, excellent glass, perfect illumination, and the Mildot is precise enough for mostly all of my needs and durable (Im not gentle on my gear)

I sold it to a buddy who needed a scope for an out of state hunt so I tried several FFP scopes with turrets and batteries to include Night force, Vtx Razor and Leupold.

Now I'm back to buying the (green)er accupoints in MRAD/mildot, theyre hands down my favorite hunting scopes.

I built a new rifle with a 4-16X50 MRAD for dialing and I'm getting a 3-9x40 Mildot to put back on my original rifle for a set and forget brush rifle.

The only thing I miss from the other scope lines is the locking turret feature but the accupoints we're just more pleasant to get behind.

I'd also like to see the MRAD ranging reticle offered in other sizes. The 1/2 mil hash marks make me happy and I might ditch the itch for dialing if there were a few more reference points for making holds.
I have No experience dialing on the new scope yet but I'll report back if anyone is interested.

Good luck!
Keep us posted on your dialing results.

not sure you're going to find too many dialling this scope, so the reports on tracking will be limited to none, I've migrated to these and I have added Kenton speed dial turrets, setting my rifles up these tracked in to 200 zero and 425 on steel collecting drop data as accurately and quickly with least amount of rounds as any other scope I've used, so far no issues, I'll drag a gong along with me on bear hunt and see if we can do set up and I'll play with dialling it randomly between shots and how it's return to zero is...that's the best I'll be able to offer you, should know more on this end of the month but I'm a long ways from a proper tester of these things, a 0-600 yard hunter that does quiet well with sub-moa rigs and don't look to see if there's much going on as long as things stay sub-moa

it would be a good scope to see run through the eval mill here, it's overkill for most of us 0-600 yard hunters but for those who can still see values where they need to be it may shed some light, it's one of the finest sub 1 lb scopes on the planet imo...at least until form gets ahold of it and tries to kill it, he's not getting one of mine to find out lol
Did you get to do some more shooting with your Kenton dial? Any further insight into dialing a bit further out there? Looking forward to hearing more if you’re willing to share!

No, zero on way into hunt camp and killed a deer and a wolf. Have not had range time and may not for awhile, wouldn’t wait for anything from me on updates on this. Gonna be too busy for awhile.

ShootOkHuntWorse

Lil-Rokslider
What are the mil measurements on the 3-9 between each dot? I just got mine and took it to the range for the first time. So far I’m liking it as a very lightweight scope that I can dial at the range for fun but trust it to keep zero while bouncing around in the truck for season after season.