Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Thanks for posting. If the battery fails are there still visible crosshairs? I was just checking out the Credo line and also the Huron 3-12 with BDC.

Yes, the reticle is normal just like any other scope. I doubt I ever use the illumination but its nice to have it if needed.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
I keep meaning to get to the range and life keeps getting in the way. Hope to shoot this weekend maybe. Hot as hell down here though ha

prm

WKR
Mine is mounted on my Fieldcraft with ammo loaded. Work keeps interfering…

Bak222

FNG
Mine is mounted on my Fieldcraft with ammo loaded. Work keeps interfering…
I would certainly welcome any feedback. After calling around, I’ve pretty much accepted that I won’t be able to get my hands on one before deciding between that, the tenmile HX, or vortex razor HD LHT

Shraggs

WKR
Put quite a lot of 223 Ammo down range w my AR and the credo 1-6. This is a nice effective scope. Mine is ffp, mil mil. No issues and the reticle is great.

Personally the 1” versions (limited adjustments) or the bdc versions (223 or 308 only) aren’t what I prefer. Maybe for a deer slug gun. But the credo /credo hx lines Mil mil or moa moa in either ffp or sfp - possibly solid options comparable to swfa, NF, etc. well made, good customer service American made.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Finally got my Credo 2.5-15x42 and Tenmile 4-24x50 out for a short range trip this weekend to zero some rifles and get some chrono data. Didn’t do any long range practice in to mess with the dials, but both adjusted easy as could be with no fuss. Actually shot some of the best groups I ever have with both rifles I have them on. Eye box is a bit fussy on both at high magnifications but I was expecting that.

Bak222

FNG
Finally got my Credo 2.5-15x42 and Tenmile 4-24x50 out for a short range trip this weekend to zero some rifles and get some chrono data. Didn’t do any long range practice in to mess with the dials, but both adjusted easy as could be with no fuss. Actually shot some of the best groups I ever have with both rifles I have them on. Eye box is a bit fussy on both at high magnifications but I was expecting that.
Thank you. I think I’m gonna go with the tenmile 3-18x50. I had a chance to look through one the other day and the glass seemed real good. I like the reticle better than the vortex razor LHT that I was deciding between.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Next time out I’ll be running both out to 500 and back, will post more feedback after that.

Have had the Credo HX 2.5-15x42 for a while now. Love this scope for a hunting rig. In a way I like it better than my Leupold VX6-HD and VX5-HD. It’s an amazing scope for what it costs

BAKPAKR

WKR
One note I forgot to add, even though the credo is SFP, it has a line of notes at the very bottom of the reticle that shows what the subtensions are at 2.5x, 5x, and 10x.

Will post some pics tonight.
I was looking at photos of the reticle on the Trijicon website. Am I correct in thinking the scope has to be turned to 7.5X for the subtensions to match up with the reticle numbers?

prm

WKR
I was looking at photos of the reticle on the Trijicon website. Am I correct in thinking the scope has to be turned to 7.5X for the subtensions to match up with the reticle numbers?
No, it is accurate at 15x. Each line is .5mil at 15x. Four lines to 2mil.

Lucas B

FNG
I put together a new sheep hunting rifle this year and ended up landing on a Credo 2.5-15x42 scope. I bought this at a time when we were seeing huge shortages with inventory in the market and I wasn't able to put hands on many competitive examples. In truth I was set on the VX5HD, I found a VX6HD and was underwhelmed with the turrets.

I have an older 1-4x24 accupower on another hunting rig and it definitely inspires more confidence in general durability when compared against the leupold scopes in the VX line. I bought the credo sight unseen based solely on my experience with the previous generation Accupower scope. I ended up taking a chance on the credo in mil/mil. It comes in at a better price point than its competition and has options for more comprehensive reticles. It does however come with a 3-4 oz. weight penalty relative to the leupold and vortex comparables and that is not insignificant. You just have to hope that you are trading weight for effective durability here.

As was mentioned previously, the eye box is tight at max magnification. You should also take note that above 10x or so you do get significantly less light transmission. That is purely a physical limitation of the magnification and objective diameter and all scopes with similar parameters will exhibit similar dimming at increased magnification. If that concerns you, get a 50mm objective.

Attachments

• 20210403_220618.jpg
    20210403_220618.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 188
Not much to offer but, I have had an Accupower 3-9x40 on my Tikka T1x (.22LR) for a little over two years. I recently purchased the Credo (formerly Accupower) 3-9x40 for use on an AR. For the money, the glass is excellent, with excellent clarity. Side by side, there are no differences between the old Accupower and the new Credo. The MOA reticles are clean and precise, which is what drew me to purchase it for my Tikka. That being said, the fineness of the reticle will require you to use the illumination when hunting in darker woods. The Tikka has seen typical small game field use, knocked around a bit, but nothing purposefully abusive. The scope has held up fine.

I haven't had a chance to put the Credo through its paces yet due to work. I do plan to run it through its paces as far as tracking goes because I'm genuinely interested as to how it will handle it. I do believe these scopes are a bit under represented in the market. I'm sure this has a bit to do with them being somewhat eclipsed by the tritium and tactical optics for which Trijicon is known. Hopefully, I can get some time with the Credo in the next week or so.

Shraggs

WKR
Not the 2.5-10 related,

but have put a second credo on a rifle. For my 350 legend I put the 1-4 credo mil mil. It’s a 250 yard cartridge only and should be good for deer with our restrictions. I fully intend to Dail distance by removing the cap as needed

I have put a ton of factory Ammo through this with lots of re zeroing. Scope flat out tracks as moved. Actually love the reticle.

I’m officially a ffp, this for some reason is sfp but I plan on running on 4 only unless I have a low light shot under 125 yards and no need to Dail.

hope to take this next week when a true up a different elk rig, and Dail it to 250 for verification and back to zero, see how it does it.

I’ll report back.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
My 2.5-15x42 has tracked flawlessly in a lot of practice over the last few weeks, and yesterday was perfect dialing 1.6 MILs for a 397 yard shot on my first ever Antelope. Hit him a little back on first shot (attributing it to wind I couldn’t feel where I was laying), then drilled and dropped him with a follow up shot about 10 seconds later.

3B61B7EE-B678-4BDA-9285-F016ADB34CF1.jpeg10ED15C1-5284-4082-83F6-4C1C9B1878D1.jpeg