Trijicon Credo HX 1-8x28 - any experience?

I couldn’t find a ton of information out there about it. I have one on the way, should he here this week. Anybody have any first hand experience with this scope? If so, what is the good, the bad and the ugly?

amassi

WKR
I've had one on my primary ar for a couple months. It's a great optic and has held up wonderfully. I am going to replace it with the credo 2-10x36 and move the 1-8 to a shorter barreled rifle. Honestly there's no bad or ugly to report it just plain. Works

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
PredatorSlayer
Great to hear. Mine is going on a Christensen MPP in 308. I think it will be a great fit.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I couldn’t find a ton of information out there about it. I have one on the way, should he here this week. Anybody have any first hand experience with this scope? If so, what is the good, the bad and the ugly?

I have used the previous generation heavily. The only issue was 20-30% would have the reticle rotate between 3,000 and 10,000 rounds. This generation not as much use, however they have supposedly corrected the issue and made them more durable to boot.

OP
PredatorSlayer
I have used the previous generation heavily. The only issue was 20-30% would have the reticle rotate between 3,000 and 10,000 rounds. This generation not as much use, however they have supposedly corrected the issue and made them more durable to boot.
I really hope that is the case. Any issues with zero retention?

amassi

WKR
I really hope that is the case. Any issues with zero retention?
N of 1 but I dropped my rifle ~ 4 feet when I missed a barrier and it landed hard on the windage turret. Still zeroed- midwest industries qd mount. Also probably 2000 miles in a razor or ranger pickup on terrible trails

260madman

WKR
N of 1 but I dropped my rifle ~ 4 feet when I missed a barrier and it landed hard on the windage turret. Still zeroed- midwest industries qd mount. Also probably 2000 miles in a razor or ranger pickup on terrible trails

Those MI QD mounts are good. I haven’t had an issue with them holding zero or taking abuse. I’ve dropped a couple rifles and they hold zero, also taken scopes off numerous times and they’ve returned to zero every time. I have 8 and no issues.

OP
PredatorSlayer
It just arrived today - its a tank, I am really liking everything about it so far. Can’t wait to get it mounted.

FCCDerek

FNG
I just ordered a Ruger Gunsite Scoute rifle and a 1-8 Credo HX for it. Also the XS full length rail so I can mount it over the receiver. I think it'll be a nice little setup. I'm excited.

JRS3

FNG
Any updated thoughts on the 1-8 Credo HX for hunting? I need a scope for a shorty .300 blk. I was leaning towards a Khales or NF LPVO but the Credo HX is half the cost or more. I would like to know how the Credo HX handles hunting situations in regards to function and glass quality. There are many reviews on the larger scopes but not a lot of details on this specific scope.