Trijicon Huron

OXN939

WKR
Apparently pretty new to the market. Lightweight. Compact. Uncluttered BDC reticle. If they're like other optics made by Trijicon, close to impossible to kill... Anyone got any firsthand experience? Got a setup that it's tempting to try one of these on

I've heard wonderful things. Haven't had hands on one yet but I'm going to be ordering one for a new rifle I just got. I got a couple of Trij AccuPoints and absolutely love them so I'm looking forward to seeing what the Huron is all about.

Rocket99

FNG
I have a 3-12 30mm tube version. The glass is really clear and the BDC reticle is fantastic

db4c27eb7de02a1a740c00c8e7dfe5a8.jpg

Motown

WKR
Anyone else have any experience with these? For the 3-9 model they list an eye relief of 2.5-3.7”. Seems a little short on the low end and was curious if anybody has any feedback?

Quadzilla32

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard wonderful things. Haven't had hands on one yet but I'm going to be ordering one for a new rifle I just got. I got a couple of Trij AccuPoints and absolutely love them so I'm looking forward to seeing what the Huron is all about.
Not to hijack or change the subject but how do you like the accupoint? I'm torn between Zeiss and Trijicon for my new rifle. Specifically Accupoint/ Credo HX vs. Conquest V4

Motown

WKR
Anyone else have any experience with these? For the 3-9 model they list an eye relief of 2.5-3.7”. Seems a little short on the low end and was curious if anybody has any feedback?
Bumping this back up. Still curious about the eye relief if anybody has any feedback.

I have a 3-12X40 with BDC Hunter Holds on its way and can give more feedback when it arrives. One of the reviews on Europtic states:

Great scope, eye relief is more in the 3-3.5 range. You will not be disappointed.

I have a 3-12X40 with BDC Hunter Holds on its way and can give more feedback when it arrives. One of the reviews on Europtic states:

Brief update. The Brown Truck just delivered the Huron. With my scientific system (Wife using a measuring tape from the ocular bell to my eye), eye relief seems to be 3.25" to 3.5" and didn't appear to change much with magnification. It may be a week or so before my rings arrive to get it mounted and really try it out.

Brief update. The Brown Truck just delivered the Huron. With my scientific system (Wife using a measuring tape from the ocular bell to my eye), eye relief seems to be 3.25" to 3.5" and didn't appear to change much with magnification. It may be a week or so before my rings arrive to get it mounted and really try it out.
Thanks for the update. I’ve got the Ascent 3-12x40 with BDC target holds on the way that I ordered without checking the eye relief. Might not be the best choice for a lightweight magnum rifle

RHR280AC

FNG
Fellas,
-I know this topic is a little dated but I wanted to give my 2 cents on the Trijicon Huron 3-9x40
with the #4 reticle. I have two of these rifle scopes and they are used for Northeastern US deer
hunting in heavily forested terrain.

The Huron offers amazing clarity and resolution for an optic in this price range. I can honestly
say that it performs way above its price point. The low light performance is exceptional as well,
for a 40mm Obj. 1" tube. Eye relief is more along the 3.3-3.5" range, real world set up on my
Defiance Machine Tenacity action (308 win.)

Windage and Elevation adjustments are spot on and have a audible click that you can also feel
as you make adjustments. Shooting "the box" to verify adjustments, is easy and a repeatable
excercise and instills confidence in using this scopes adjustments.

In closing, I wish to state that the Trijicon Huron line of rifle scopes should be a very strong consideration
if you are looking for an upper mid-level rifle scope. I swapped out a Zeiss Conquest V4 in 3-12x44 for
this Trijicon. The Zeiss, to MY eye; could not compare to the resolution and contrast offered by the Trijicon and the brightness of the two were equal. However the "sweet spot" was hard to find on the Zeiss and
no where as easy as on the Trijicon. Edge to Edge clarity is hands down better on the Huron. And Trijicon
has a reputation for building scopes that are extremely tough.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts on this line of scopes and I think you should give them a try
as I find they are much better than Leupold, Zeiss Conquest V4 and on par Optically with Swarovski Z3
and Z5 glass.

EdP

WKR
I am in the market for a SFP 3x9 with a 1" tube and BDC reticle and the Huron meets those requirements. So does a Leupold VX-Freedom. The Huron eye relief is listed as 2.5 to 3.7" and that concerns me, especially because the application is a Rem M7. The Freedom is listed as 3.7 to 4.2". That's only 1/2" difference at 3x but almost 1 1/4" more eye relief at 9x for the Freedom. I'd like to try the Huron but that short eye relief has put me off.

ChrisAU

WKR
I am in the market for a SFP 3x9 with a 1" tube and BDC reticle and the Huron meets those requirements. So does a Leupold VX-Freedom. The Huron eye relief is listed as 2.5 to 3.7" and that concerns me, especially because the application is a Rem M7. The Freedom is listed as 3.7 to 4.2". That's only 1/2" difference at 3x but almost 1 1/4" more eye relief at 9x for the Freedom. I'd like to try the Huron but that short eye relief has put me off.

I wonder if that is a typo. My Credo 3-9x40 is listed at 3.5-3.7” and has been a non-issue on a 5 lb 358 Win.

RHR280AC

FNG
I concur with ChrisAU because I absolutely have no issue with
the Trijicon Huron's eyes relief. Granted, I am not shooting a 358
win. but I find that these scopes are an exceptional piece of kit.

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
I wonder if that is a typo. My Credo 3-9x40 is listed at 3.5-3.7” and has been a non-issue on a 5 lb 358 Win.

Bumping this. Euro Optic was clearing out the 3-9x40 recently, so I snagged... will update this thread with impressions. Fingers crossed it lives up to the name on the side of em, will be a hell of a package if so

My buddy picked up a 3-9x40 Huron after having issues with his leupold 3-9x40 (no surprise). I mounted it for him and got it sighted in. The eye relief is a non issue, seems good to me. Glass is good. Reticle is nice (bdc). Most importantly it seems to adjust/track correctly although I did not try to abuse it because he left for a hunt that same day.